Pharaoh question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharaoh question

Strolling Palestine as Mitannian king...I met an Egyptian....howitzer!!!
    Can this be due to the fact that I have the italian version of Civ II?
    Someone else making strange encounters?

Yes, it must be. Have you made copies of the *.txt files and changed those to file endings appropiate to your Civ 2 version?
    I mean for the German version for example the file ending must be *.ger, for french *.fre.
    I don't know how it is with the italian version. *.ita? Just take a look in your civ2 directory and make sure the scenario files have the same ending.
    I Hope this helps.

------------------
    Mathias' Civ II Page
    http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

I think you've found a weird bug for sure, Sloth...
      Do you remember where you downloaded this Pharaoh scenario?

------------------
      Ave atque vale...
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks Hendrik, I will check!

Pro: I'm not sure but I think it was Stefan's site.
        BTW: the howy was quickly destroyed, anyway, eh, eh

Comment

Did this howitzer only appear with its normal graphic or its normal name and stats too?

------------------
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
          -Mao Tse-Tung
          God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
          much screwed that whole idea..
          -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
          Follow the masses!

Comment

Just the graphics...the Egyptians were AI controlled and, as correct, was impossible for me to build it. And to be sure I encountered just one of them.

BTW Stefan: I'm not sure you should bother to finish Darius 2.2 for August the 10th....
            I will not be back from vacations till August 20th so...take your time!

Comment

It seems that the last remark is already obsolete...

Comment

I have the English version, and I've seen it too. It's in the Advanced Sickle position. Also, you forgot to put a JUSTONCE on a text about some Pharaoh building something, so before I edited it out, it happened every turn (VERY annoying). And when the slaves transform terrain, it tends to become Arctic with coal and a river (this is an odd bug discussed somewhere...find it)

PS: My Mitanni have conquered the whole world northeast of the Sinai (excepr a few pesky Canaanite cities...
                [This message has been edited by Celestion The God (edited July 24, 2000).]

Comment

Wow, this is the first time I saw how a new post came...

------------------
                  Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
                  -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

I cheked and I'm now able to say that for the italian version there are no *.ita files, just the usual *.txt: bt they are in italian. I don't know whether it is this that is causing this minor problem, maybe not after what Celestion wrote (note: I have been able to play every scenario, so far), but most definitely it must be causing the MAJOR problems with Darius 2.2 (see D22 thread).

P.S. Calamaro: I already conquered all of Canaan and southern Mesopotamia and I'm now turning against Elam...soon a new flag shall wave in Susa!

Comment

Ha...I got Elam about a decade ago...those hill cities were pretty nasty, but no match for about 30 armored chariot attacks in one turn.

PS: Are you benedetti?

Comment

Sloth? Why would benedetti need a new login???
                        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I'm not benedetti, but I admit I borrowed the idea of calling Celestion with his italian name (Calamaro=Squid) from him. If you mind I promise I would stop immediately.

P.S. Susa will soon be mine but King Parrattana died during the siege

Comment

Good to hear those reports... but I'm not sure about the howitzer-sickle thing. I'll check it out.
                            Tintenfisch (Calamaro): Can you tell me exactly where that JUSTONCE edit was missing?

School's out for Summer!!!!!!

------------------
                            Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
                            -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

Congratulations Stefan, have a good (and productive I hope ) vacation!!

Comment

Working...
                              X