Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Release of "City of Atrinon" v1.0 (not "The Secret Project")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release of "City of Atrinon" v1.0 (not "The Secret Project")

City of Atrinon

http://members.xoom.com/civpolaris/atrinon.html

Thought I'd finish this one up to that I started a while ago.

Comments and/or suggestions are completely welcome.
    Enjoy!
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Anything?
    Please Visit:

Comment

hmmm... from looks it seemes to be great. Going to download it...

------------------
      Ave atque vale...
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I love the units, especially skelletons, knights, paladins and crusaders.
        Lets see if I can convert it for FW. A Question: why is it so difficult? Are the enemy units so strong or what is the reason?
        Blah

Comment

If it can be converted to FW BeBro will not be the only one interested!

Comment

Tried several turns and looked at the rules.txt and events.txt file (sorry ).

Cannot open the scenario directly. Must open another scenario or saved game, then quit, switch to it. Don't know the reason but I suspect that some parameters were out of normal range (that's why I looked at .txt files).

Graphics are terrific. Sounds are interesting (although I don't like monster sounds). Really gives a flaver of battle tactic -- it is crucial to get to the mountain/hills/forest squares first for defense; once the enemy enters town area you will suffer a lot more. Suggestion: how about for each building killed the Order lose some money? Better than giving cities the same names (when you use up/down arrows to manage cities only one city out of the sevaral same name cities appear, quite inconvenient).
            Scenario seems unfinished. It is impossible to win unless the AI does stupid things. The only possible way to attack the island city is from air. You only give one air (heli) unit (Draklore) by event at turn 300. Skeleton has x2 vs air flag so if the city has a skeleton inside it you cannot win. Even if you do, the next turn the AI will rush build another unit, so you still cannot take the city. Draklore cannot attack each turn since it needs rest.

Defense issues:
            North Outpost can be defended if you are lucky. The enemy has 6 skeletons. Rush build two knights for attack and move the two crossbowmen out of the city to forest squares (need some luck). Together they will kill or severely damege the skeletons and buy you more time to rush build another knight to kill them all.
            West outpost is doomed. Quickly move all your crossbowmen from nearby cities to the mountain and hills squares behind it to set up a defense line. No need to put units in cities -- the cities are safe since building units will produce ZOC.
            Move the three crossbowmen in the south to the same fortress and watch the enemy die.
            After setting up defense on mountains, hills and forest squares along the west border (later you can retake the fortresses and fortify units there), and also several crossbowmen on forest square north to the North outpost, the chaos will never get into the cities.
            several skeletons are in the middle map at the beginning. Build knights to patrol the land and kill them.

Most chaos cities only have one defender, so you can take them easily with Jairus.

Less skilled players can give up the western part of your territory (let the cities be destroyed) and set up defense along the central mountains. Jairus and his cohorts can go for the chaos cities instead of trying to rescue your own cities. You can take all but the island chaos city in the first 30 turns.

Comment

Thanks George. I reinstalled civ on a larger hard drive but forgot to do the patch thing.
              (This could be a multiplayer bug! if I do not install the patch, start a saved game (which used the patch), then quit and join a multiplayer game, I may be successful and gain advantage.)

I like the scenario. It is pretty fun to play.

In rules.txt archangels, etc. are all land units (domain 0).

Comment

George, MGEConverter is fine for this scn. I just played the first turns. The idea is great, graphics look very good! 500 turns seem a lot, but fortunately the first turns weren´t so long, and so generally this scn is fun to play. I like it how the enemy fights it´s way through the streets...

Questions: in the first turns I discovered a new "mage training" tech two or three times per turn. Is this ok?
                I´m also able to build skeletons? I thought they were only for the evil forces (I´m not sure, I haven´t played M&M)? But if there is a problem, it may be related to the conversion.
                Blah

Comment

Related to the conversion. Just be fair and do not build Skeletons and ignore the "Mage Training."

This is a short battle; I may do some of the wars that are in the history when the history arrives.
                  [This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited July 12, 2000).]
                  Please Visit:

Comment

Check out what you can build when you occupy a Chaos city: Imp-fiend .

Comment

From the converter too, I hope.
                      Please Visit:

Comment

Xin:
                        Do you have all patches for MGE?

Ok, I will re-name cities and make a unit killed event for v1.2. In general, was it fun?

I will remove that x2 flag; no clue why it is there.

Thank you for the comments on the art and the sound.

Lazarahad is an air unit as well, I think, as are his entire army of Archangels that you get. If not, I must alter the rules.txt file to fit this.

The scenario is difficult because the enemy will keep coming until annihilated.
                        Please Visit:

Comment

It's a piece of cake . I was playing very conservatively. I did not attack until the dwarfs come. Dwarfs are vets so I can count on them. The first step I reclaimed the three fortresses on southwest, then I started attacking Chaos cities one at a time (started at around week 30). Now it's week 59 and I have already got 3 of them (moving units costs time). The next turn the 4th (the upper-left) will be mine. I left the bottom city alone since all units from it would suicide attacking my units in the fortresses. Now all I need to do is to fortify all dwarfs in the upper-left city and attack the bottom city using Jairus and a couple of knights. There are a bounch of skeletons wondering in the wild, did not dare to attack my fortified crossbowmen on mountains. At least a dozen of them .

If I had carefully organized my troops I think I could have got those chaos cities before week 40.

Comment

...hence, about 500 more units for the Chaos would be better; literally. At least 200.
                            Please Visit:

Comment

New report:
                              Week 80, all chaos cities occupied except the island one. week 86, fortified a lot of knights around the chaos city. Except some suicidal skeletons and gnolls all is quiet from then. Waited till week 100, the chaos had a ship but it could not land any unit on shore (all land squares were occupied by my knights). Week 101, confirmed that Archangles were indeed land units. Opened cheat menu and checked the chaos city -- 100 units inside, including 14 skeletons.

Comment

Working...
                              X