No announcement yet.

Tossing Around Ideas for Next Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you do something based in the Balkans? I'd love to see a scenario about the liberation wars between the Slavs, the Turks and the Austrian/Hungarians!

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
    -Mao Tse-Tung
    God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
    much screwed that whole idea..
    -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

To Stefan Hartel
      To be honest, i'm not so much interested in modern history.
      Perhaps a medieval scenario based on Avar's history, including Slavs, Byzantium, Longobards, Franks and Persians ... I'm interested on the Avaric Khan Baina - he might be the center of this scenario, as well as Samo, his Frank counterpart ( in spite the fact he ruled a Slavian nation ). Can you give me more hints about these historical figures?

Please, check out the Civ2-Creation "Geographic guy"'s topic...
      P.S. about lemmings: translated into italian, this joke becomes a lot vulgar ...
      [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited June 17, 2000).]
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

You are interested in a scenario about the Byzantines? I made one about two month ago or so. If you go to my website you can download it. It's also here at Apolyton but then without sounds.

------------------
        Mathias' Civ II Page
        http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
        The Lost Geologist Blog
        http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Cool ideas, St.Leo, my favourite is the "Rise of the Franks".

Blah

Comment

I'm going to download it. Yummy yummy !!!
            Anyway, about Visigoti & co. a good source is Patrick Louth, "Viking's and Germanic's civilization" - a whole bunch of good hints ...

To BeBro
            How weird !!! I haven't got your reply yet... thanks a lot, i'm glad i could help you. ( Tiscali Freenet service is going to have a bad day tomorrow - i'll scream them blasphemies louder than an enraged eagle !!! )

To Stefan Hartel
            What do you think about a medieval scenario centered on Serbians, Turks, Bulgars and Bizantynes, instead ?
            [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited June 19, 2000).]
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Another good scenario could be "The northern Crusade", featuring the 1127 European expedition against pagan Slavs settled in nowadays former Eastern Germany. Crusaders, axemen, a lot of blood, screams, fire, cutten heads ... all for God's glory !!!

( pretty cruel, huh? Perhaps it's too much for you... but not for meeeeehhhh!)

Comment

Yay for resurrecting ancient threads.

Crusaders, axemen, a lot of blood, screams, fire, cutten heads ... all for God's glory !!!

The problem is that I'd be rooting for the other side.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus
                  ...cutten heads
                  That sounds painful Prom

St Leo: Does resurrecting this old thread mean your making an Orient Express scenario?
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Actually, I was contemplating making a Balkan Wars scenario earlier today and then I found this thread while making a chronology of my works.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Of those, Franks would be the best, but I still urge You all to make more Byzantine scns, and I Punic war scn, and Polish-Soviet war scn, and...
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                      X