Ok to remake someone elses scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to remake someone elses scenarios?

The reason why I'm wondering is that there are old scenarios out there. Would it be ok to remake it and relaunch it? Credit would be given to the original maker off course

The reason? The Terminator Scenario. With some polishing it could be a good scenario.
    Lo there do I see my father
    Lo there do I see my mother
    and my sisters and my brothers
    Lo there do I see the line of my people
    back to the begining
    Lo they do call to me
    They bid me take my place among them
    in the Halls of Valhalla
    where the brave may live forever

I`m doing it right now with the USA 2010 scenario from FW. With some work, it could be an even more enjoyable scenario than it already is. I`d keep the vast majority of the units and graphics the same, whilst adding more events and putting little touches in to make it better.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I had thought about re-doing John Possidente's Dinosaurs scenario to include cavemen. While not historically acurate in the least, it would make a good scenario to play as the low defense cavemen that would get eaten unless they were well defended at home in good defensive terrain. Only allowing the cavemen access to advanced governments, trade, science and defense improvements would allow them to eventually conquer the reptiles, but it would take some time.

Alas, I am sure I will never get around to this one...
      Be the bid!

Comment

Why not? Heck, go the extra step and convert them to ToT!

San Fran-CISCO?
        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
        -OOTS

Comment

I've seen some scenarios with potential, that if they were down up differently, they could be great! That's a good idea.
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Th-th-thong

Comment

I think it should be considered okay to remake a scenario if you can get the original creator's permission.

Comment

Working...
              X