Do you like the Romans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the Romans??

Soon to come. A scenario concerning the Roman empire. It's peak and collapse. The Romans have become the most powerful of the Ancient nations. Their only opponents are the Parthian in the East and the German tribes to the west. Will you take the reins of a Roman emperor and change the face of history or will you watch the barbarians crush and loot the mighty Roman Empire.... Soon to come in FW....
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Maybe this one will come out right.:-)

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I liked the one that you almost finished for TOT myself!

Comment

Hi all. Well Fast Eddie I actually scrapped that one. I started working on this one less than a month ago. The Caesar scenario had one problem in it. The Persians weren't in it and they were a big part of Roman history. I did change the maps in the game and to be honest, changed the entire game. Once this scenario is finished, I'm converting it to TOT and adding those features to it. It will look and feel as the TOT version of Caesar. If you wish I can send you the newest version if you like to continue the project.
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

If you send it to me, then use my new email address. Sifl1690466@aol.com

The only difference with this one and the one in my profile is the extra 6 at the end.

Comment

My Easter treat:

THE SASSANIDS

Coming April 2000

The story of Ardaxshir and Shapur. The fall of the Parthians and the capturing of Valerianus. The end of Palmyra. The begin of a new threat for Rome. The invasion of India, Armenia and Syria.

Interested in discussing this with a relation to Rome?

------------------
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
            In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
            Convinced our voices can't be heard
            We just want to scream it louder and louder:
            "What the hell are we fighting for?"
            "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
            -Brian May (Queen)
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Interesting, how we were discussing the Sassanians not to long ago. Good luck on your scenario Stefan and if you need any info with relations with Rome just ask, got abit of info on the subject.
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Well its getting closer to finishing time for this scenario. I've updated a site which will host it.
                http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Jupiter/9606/

later..
                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Check out me Fall of the West Roman Empire...it is (roughly) about the same topic.

Just curious, you only mention the German tribes and the Parthians...but what about the Goths, Huns, Vandals, Avars, Slavs, etc. They weren't German tribes, and they came from the north east. Also most German tribes didn't came from the west but from the north (as the Romans see it).
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

3 months I think...but I wasn't constantly working on it. There were quite a number of weeks in which I didn't do any work on that scenario.

Comment

Check out Rome's History by Florian Borchert on the Civilization Scenario Collection site. It's really quite good.

Comment

I downloaded Rome's History by Florian Borchert but to my discovery its for MPG. Only have FW and TOT. I took it apart thought and seems to look good. Start out with one city and your given leaders later in the game. Just gets me wondering if I should go out and get MPG. 3 months it took you to get finished? Abit impressive. I've been on this for some time and I always keep retracking what I'm doing. Playtesting... Well back to the game for me.
                        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I downloaded Rome's History by Florian Borchert but to my discovery its for MPG. Only have FW and TOT. I took it apart thought and seems to look good. Start out with one city and your given leaders later in the game. Just gets me wondering if I should go out and get MPG. 3 months it took you to get finished? I've been on this for some time and I always keep retracking what I'm doing. Playtesting... Well back to the game for me.
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Hi Mark. Yes I played your scenario and really enjoyed it. My scenario does have more than three civs in it. Goths, Germans (Franks later in the game) Slavs, Vandals and the huns are all in the game and they play a part in Romes collapse. Lesser tribes who played a smaller part are under one civ called Tribes. Just wondering Mark, how long it take you to complete that scenario?
                            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

3 months it took you to get finished? Abit impressive. I've been on this for some time and I always keep retracking what I'm doing.

not really that impressive...I just never retrack my work. I work till it's finished and after that I'll re-do some of the work. Otherwise I'll never finish it.

Comment

Working...
                              X