• Show
Clear All

• Advanced scenario design ?

Do you know where I could find it ?
    Pano
    http://www.campus.ecp.fr/~pano

http://apolyton.net/civ2/tipshints/advscendesign.zip

Comment

Pano! HAHAHAHA! Sorry, in Finnish language word "Pano" means same as "fvck".
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

It's a landmark document and one which any scenario author in 1997-98 I'm sure was very thankful was written. There are a couple of very minor holes here and there, such as the advice about the Musketeers slot - which I found was not the case. Regardless, it's still a superb guide.

Comment

I agree with Cam, it is an excelent document.

The part on random barbarians is aslo wrong.

Comment

Agree too with Cam and William. A superb document, no doubt about it. Another excellent one was the paper written by Alexei Andrievski and Harlan Thompson (mistakeless, as far as I can remember). I haven't seen it around for a long time though. Maybe someone knows?

Comment

Hi friends,

In a "Guides" section of my reconstructed
              War Gallery there are some documents
              for scenario Art - and one of them is
              "Advanced Scenario Design".
              http://www.aha.ru/~mor

If You know another guides, give me know and I will place them to my site for common using

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Comment

Sable: That document was titled "Advanced Scenario Making Ideas v2.1". It used to be posted on the Glyph CivII site, but that's been gone for quite a while. Fortunately my paper fetish led me to print a copy a long time back, and it's been VERY helpful. Perhaps someone could send an email off to Harlan, requesting an electronic version. It certainly should be posted here on Apolyton.
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I downloaded the file off of Glyph a good while back.. still have it :-)

It requires a slight bit of editing to change it from the Glyph format and change the dead links to working ones but that's about all that would need to be done.

Advanced Scenario Making Ideas v2.1

Comment

Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                    X