Red Front: Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mao:
    The Germans have only 4 battleships and can't build anymore (I figured the Gneisenau, the Scharnhorst, the Tirpitz and the Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen) These were based in Norway during the Murmansk convoy era... They actually attacked convoys (Gnei. and Sch. at least did). Those two were sunk in a battle with British battleships and planes, in late 1944, I think. Tirpitz was destroyed by RAF heavy bombers in a Norwegian fjord. The Prinz Eugen, I don't know much about except that it ended it's days as a nuclear test target in the Bikini atoll after WWII...

I have them to prevent the Soviets from getting total control of the seas... The Germans don't build surface ships (Stupid AI)and I only give them U-boats by events. Without battleships the Soviets could too easily venture out of the UK sea-zone and take on the few German cruisers and destroyers and then sweep the Murmansk route for U-boats. The battleships make sure the Soviets always have to "elude" the Germans which was what the Convoys did.
    I am not against giving the british 4-5 battleships in 1944 to finish off the Kriegsmarine's control of the sea of Norway...

"After successful raids on Tarent have effectively eliminated the Italian fleet, the Royal Navy diverts part of it's Mediterranean fleet to convoy protection on the Murmansk route."

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to see what level I was.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Techumseh:
        Did I miss something?

Comment

Sorry "Warlord" Nemo. I just wanted to know my rank.

-"Prince" Techumseh
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

How many posts are required to reach "prince"? 200? King seems to be above 1,000. How do you post 1,000 messages?? I already spend way too much time on this and I have a measly 180 posts...Maybe I need to start sending posts one paragraph at the time?

Comment

Ahhhh....but King Mao has risen! I forgot how I actually got over 1000 though. And Nemo, you registered wayyyy before me.
              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I dont think anyone has seriously addressed this yet. I sent you an e-mail not to long ago about this, but I'm not sure you got it. Its about the map. No, there's nothing really wrong with it, but I know it can be slightly better. Just look into the placement of several cities, such as Astrakhan and Riga, and make the Aral sea alot smaller, and , already 20% better.
                I shall no longer bother you with insanely small details.

------------------
                "When You Kill One, It Is A Tragedy. When You Kill 10 Million, It Is A Statistic"
                -Comrade Stalin
                sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

I had one problem...two actually.

The first was with the Karl mortars...they are nearly undefeatablyt with ground forces! And in my game they appeared two times (because I liberated the city, and lost it again).

The second was the brdge event...when that event occured I still had control of Rostwo, but those extra German troops made sure that I couldn't bring in new reinforcements...

The second problem could be fixed by letting the event occur after Rostow was taken...or am I supposed to loose Rostow that way? I kinda felt cheated by the AI.
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

The Germans are going to sack the Caucases. They took Rostov historically, and you'll have to deal with it this simulated way. If you still have Rostov wehn they cross the Don, consider the fact you are holding them back for a turn or so extra.

About city placement: Is it really affecting gameplay so much that it is completely historically inaccurate?

Comment

Here's a major problem
                      http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/AngelsSaint/redfront.gif

This is in 1943, not 1941...and the Germans still have way to many troops
                      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Mark L:
                        The bridge event was made to threaten Stalingrad, should you have fortified the East bank of the Don. Another event brings additional reinforcements to the Southern suburbs of Rostov if Rostov falls...Maybe the bridge (Which is designed to insure a threat to Stalingrad) Should appear North of the city? In my latest test game I succeeded in holding Rostov through the summer of 1942 despite the bridge. I almost lost Stalingrad though and those damn Nazis pillaged 2 of my factories while attacking Stalingrad.
                        I had to bring in massive reinforcements from Uralsk which is the main build-up production area in the South (About 12-15 Laborers/Brigades churned out 6 industry squares by 1942!) and bring reinforcements to Rostov via Maikop.

The Karls are supposed to be near-unbeatable but since they fire but once per turn the way to beat them is to bring in more reinforcements than they kill... There should be one by Leningrad once Narva is taken and 2 by Sevastopol once Perekop is taken.
                        They can be killed if they wander in on a minefield (Defense divided by 2) and they are more vulnerable in winter than summer.
                        Also an attack with 4-5 good units (T-34, Katyushas) can take them out. Finally if they are still around by 1944 they are disbanded when the Soviets enter German territory.

Map: I did not get the E-mail with map suggestions... Could you resend it? There are a few misplaced cities mainly because of dicrepancies between the different types of maps I used ("Flat" wartime maps and Atlas maps with curved latitude/longitude lines) The Aral sea has significantly shrunk since WWII (True) so if you use a modern map it would be smaller but I will revisit the entire issue now that I got a tip on how to delete cities easily!

Comment

Excellent, Captain Nemo. I'll see if I can re-write or -send the e-mail which has a few more small details in it. I can see you are devoted to this scenario, and with good cause.

------------------
                          "When You Kill One, It Is A Tragedy. When You Kill 10 Million, It Is A Statistic"
                          -Comrade Stalin

Comment

By The Way, Captain Nemo, Whats Your E-Mail Address?

Comment

It's in my profile:
                              captainnem0@cs.com (the last character is a "zero" NOT the letter "O")

Comment

Gracias.

Comment

Working...
                                X