Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is (if I am not mistaken ) how the create unit events work:

The event creates an unit on the desired spot, if:
    1) the terrain allows it: you can't create a land unit on ocean (even if you create a transport underneath before! )

2) the square is not occupied by another Civ (or barbarians); by occupied I mean with a unit, or a city in foreign hands!

So in my case above, you have

- if third civ has conquered the city: the 2 events see the square as occupied, and so no unit is created in it

- if barbarians have conquered the city: works as with 3rd civ

- one of the 2 units has barbarians as owner: works as if it was another civ; so, creates the barbarian unit if the square is empty, or there is a city in Barbarian hands

Hope this answers your questions
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Very interesting! But i think that you might be wrong in one of your points, i think that if you use the command changeterrain you can have enemy units appearing in a city, since that is what is happening in Heresson's fding lights, latin ships appear in a city even after the byzantines have taken it. that was why i was sceptical about your remarks but i will use them with my scen now (the rebel cities can use some units from time to time)

Comment

The change terrain has some (bothering) side effects (some barbarians disappear, even if they already have a city, for instance).

But I never saw what you wrote about other units appearing in a city controlled by another civ! Which doesn't mean it's not happening, though...

Maybe you should try it?? (and of course report the results in this thread )
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Ideas in the same vein:

Put an unbuildable "superhero" unit in the settlers slot. Change game.txt accordingly, and you have dramatically increased the value of goody huts.

Give the player six research options leading to various bonuses, use fundamentalism to kill all scientific progress, and make Darwin's Voyage available to build by events.txt after completing a certain task. The player has an interesting choice ahead of him: "do I want to get the super-soldiers and the engineers, or the money-generating cathedral and the Pyramids? Or the super-soldiers and the Pyramids, or..." Might make for good replay value in an otherwise X-COMish tactical scenario.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A variation of the idea;
            an event giving x tech to any civ that conquers the city (or does something else, we may experiment here)
            and second event (receivedtech) creating the unit.
            That way, You don't have to make an event for each civ, just 2 event slots are needed.
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

oh, and darwin voyage is indeed an interesting wonder for scenario purposes. Once I thought about a scenario about partages of Poland, in which DV would play a central role.
              Middle East!

Comment

I figured I couldn't possibly have been the first person to have thought of it, yeah. I really like the idea of having two choices you have to live with, good or bad, till the end of the game.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i use the receivetech (or what it was) command in two events in my scen, and basically so as to give the nicaean empire the option to build ottoman mercenery units, which they do, infact after they get the tech they build them in great numbers. in theory this was meant to trap the AI nicaea and make it collapse by itself, since by another event each time an ottoman mercenery is killed three others owned by barbarians appear in the map near some nicaean city. however nicaea mostly faces collapse due to earlier events, and so far in my games it has gone to a counter-offensive with the ottoman units. however my scen ends in 1380, so this isnt that bad i guess

Comment

Mine idea in the partages of Poland scn was simply to have Poland very weak, with very bad gouverment, and give it a chance, either if it manages to research one tech, or simpy by giving a proper tech to it in a proper time, to build the wonder, thus giving it a chance to receive some really valuable stuff that could turn it into a strong state - but the moment You get the proper tech, all your neighbours would declare war on You and probably crush You before You can build the wonder, reorganise and stuff. Generally, the idea is simple - by trying to make things better, You eventually make your state fall. Just as it was in reality. Of course, You could research wrong tech and never have a chance of changing anything.
                    Middle East!

Comment

This is the ussual problem with wanting to focus too much on one or two nations, you can only do it by making the others very easy and thus not fun for play. Balance on the other hand comes with the cost of not being as historical as you might want to be
                      btw Heresson when will you take a look at my scen? i mean i am still waiting!

Comment

Working...
                      X