No announcement yet.

Blitzkrieg 1936 - R E L E A S E D !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing with this one is tha *** starts BEFORE world war 2. So in a PBEM we will have all the conflicts with Germany expanding etc.

I was thinking of a scenario starting with the beginning of the civil war in Spain. A European map, and the different players should send aid to either the Republicans or the Nationalists, and during this time other conflicts takes place in Europe... You all know the hitsory line, well this time it can of course be changed
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Ok, for what it's worth, here the official single play version. I'm not 100% pleased with it though. The AI is just so stupid. I have made all AI city produce 'Weapons Export (Capitalization)', to balance its budget, but they will eventually rework both the production and the budget, so that they sell and sell and sell improvements...

Here's what you do to play it:

Very important: Take backup of your whole BK1936 folder!!!!!!. Then load these files into your folder. Once you've done this you are ready to play. But remember to take backup of the original files, becasue this is a completely different version.

Well, have fun anyway!

BTW: Compiled a units.gif for those of you who are not interested in my high res units.

@jasev: Just overlook this SP version, unless you have a sudden urge to add it as well.

EDIT: Attachment removed. Didn't work with the events.file. Have to fix it
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

@jasev: Just overlook this SP version, unless you have a sudden urge to add it as well.
        Don't worry, I'll wait
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

When I downloaded your PBEM version of Blitzkrieg 1936 I noticed a possible discrepancy that is not mentioned anywhere in the Readme file.

The unit costs that are given in the Pedia Units List and in the Build List in the city window appear to be half the number of shields (resources) actually needed to build the unit. If this is deliberate, you may want to mention it in the Readme file for the SP version. It would be helpful if players had some warning that a unit that supposedly costs 60 shields will really cost 120 .

Also, I wonder why some squares that look like plains are labelled hills (coal) yet seem to produce like plains squares.
          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
            When I downloaded your PBEM version of Blitzkrieg 1936 I noticed a possible discrepancy that is not mentioned anywhere in the Readme file.

The unit costs that are given in the Pedia Units List and in the Build List in the city window appear to be half the number of shields (resources) actually needed to build the unit. If this is deliberate, you may want to mention it in the Readme file for the SP version. It would be helpful if players had some warning that a unit that supposedly costs 60 shields will really cost 120 .
            I'm aware of this problem, and I will take it into account in the single player readme. This is not the only scenario were the pedia figures are all wrong. I never trust the pedia numers. I always look on unit costs, movements, hp, fp etc in the city window.

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
            Also, I wonder why some squares that look like plains are labelled hills (coal) yet seem to produce like plains squares.
            I'm glad you noticed this. It's just a terrain 'bug'. Somehow the plains graphic ended up in the hills resource place.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this but the Pedia and City Window give the same number of shields as the cost of a unit. They are consistent with each other. It is the shield accumulation box in the city window that appears to be twice as large as it should be.

For example both the Pedia and the Help in the city window give the cost of Heavy Artillery as 60 shields. However, the shield accumulation box requires 120 shields to fill.

The same holds true in your Blitzkrieg 1941 scenario.

It would be helpful to know which value is correct, the number given by Pedia and by Help in the city window, or the number required to fill the box. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that the lower number is correct. Net monthly income is so small that it is almost impossible to to rush build anything.

Added later:
              The discrepancy arises from the # of rows in the shield box in the RULES file. Rather than
              10 ; # of rows in shield box
              which is normal, you have
              90 ; # of rows in shield box

This doubles the number of shields needed to complete a unit or improvement. Is this intentional or accidental?

Comment

@AGRICOLA: I see this as well, but I don't understand it...the rules.txt says 6 in cost so I asume that makes it 60 shields, right?

@ E V E R Y B O D Y: Single player version released! Post nr. #1 is updated and the files are there. I suggest you download the whole rubble again as there are some minor graphical updates as well.

The multiplayer version is the standard version, but if you open the batch program you can switch back and fourth between the sp and mp version.

Enjoy!

Comment

Posted by Kobra
                  @AGRICOLA: I see this as well, but I don't understand it...the rules.txt says 6 in cost so I asume that makes it 60 shields, right?
                  Unfortunately not in your latest scenarios. Although you may intend that the unit should cost 60 shields, it actually takes 120 shields to build it.

The rules.txt says 6. and both the Pedia and the Help in the city window agree that the cost of Heavy Artillery is 60 shields. There is no problem here, everyone agrees that a HA unit costs 60 shields.

It's the shield box in the city window that is too big. For Heavy Artillery, 60 shields only fill half the box (i.e. when you have accumulated 60 shields, the unit is NOT completed). It takes 120 shields to fill the box (i.e. to build a Heavy Artillery unit).

You can see the problem if you do the following. Start up either BLITZKRIEG 1941, 1936 SP or 1936 MP, save the game and open a city window. Select infantry (cost 20 shields) as the unit you want to build. Rush build it.

Count the shields (shovels?) in the filled shield box. There should be 20, corresponding to the 20 shield cost of the unit. Instead there are 40 shields, twice the number that the unit is supposed to cost!

As I tried to explain in my previous post, the problem arises from the rules files in your scenarios where the line that should read

10 ; # of rows in shield box

has been changed to

90 ; # of rows in shield box

Change the 90 to 10, save the change, reload the earlier game save, open a city window and again rush build an infantry unit. This time there will be 20 shields in the full box.

I assume that this is what you intended.

Surprising that no one else has picked this up. I can't be the only one with the problem.

Comment

Holy hell! That IS a big bug!

Thanks you very much for noticing, AGRICOLA!

The file in post one updated yet again, for the last time hopefully

Comment

@jasev: It's ready if you havn't noticed already

Comment

Hi Kobra. It's Nylan.

I see you've got an Apolyton file as well. keep posting on CFC!
                        If I only had a brain...

Comment

Hi Nylan! It is hosted at CFC as well

Comment

@jasev: It's ready if you havn't noticed already
                            Thank you kobra, but I've been quite disconnected from sleague lately. You may wonder the reason

I'm downloading it right now, and I hopefully will upload it (among with other scenarios) this week.

Comment

Well, I said I'll upload it this week and I've done it. It only lasted 6 days

Comment

Working...
                              X