New Scenario: Experience WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scenario: Experience WW2

I have noticed that no-one has done a WW2 scenario on a small scale. I have started work on a scenario about WW2, on a platoon aor company level. It will feature:

Battle for Corregidor
    Wake
    Midway
    Guadalcanal
    Coral Sea
    Iwo Jima

Battle of Britain
    Omaha Beach
    Bocage
    Market Garden
    The Bulge (St Vith)

Kharkov
    Kursk
    Stalingrad
    Berlin

Operation Battleaxe
    Operation Aberdeen
    Gazala
    El Alamein
    Tobruk

It will also feature unique sounds for each unit, meaning approx. 90 sounds in the finished version.
    Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Wow, that sounds excelent

Do you have any screenshots?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

It sounds very promising!

If you need any help on the research and such, I'll do my best to aid you.
      The one and only panda of the Red Army.
      Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
      Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

Sounds nice... However, wouldn't be better to do one scen for each one of these operations & battles?
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Well, it will run through a bat file, so each battle will be like a separate scen, they will just all be as a package.

If you want to help with research, could ou find out which division the US tanks were that supported at Omaha beach (I am making the shields whatever division was present there).

So far: US Hand weapons and Tanks sounds completed, Mustang too. Units for Omaha 95% done, Blue + Greys, 352nd Inf, 21st Panzer and 3rd 'Spearhead' AD (unless I can find out what thye really were.

One of the main problems will be finding good building graphics (Pacific huts, Russian, African and french Buildings. )

Comment

I have posted a request in the non units graphics section for help with that. BTW, case, do you mind if I use your USMC unit from BOA?

Comment

Great idea. Funny, I had been thinking the same thing.

Civ2 with its gameplay and event file system is well-suited to depict some of the great battles in history.

Wish you all the best of luck - looking forward to it

Cheers!

Comment

Leo, we have some overlap, i will have AKorps Panzer IV, Tiger, infantry of many types, Hanomag (SdfKfz 251), Bf109, Bf110, Stuka, along with Desert Rats, and 8th Army, if you want units or sounds, just ask.

Comment

Here are the units for Omaha Beach so far (waiting for some buildings)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GoPostal
                    Leo, we have some overlap, i will have AKorps Panzer IV, Tiger, infantry of many types, Hanomag (SdfKfz 251), Bf109, Bf110, Stuka, along with Desert Rats, and 8th Army, if you want units or sounds, just ask.
                    Many thanks GoPostal - I truly appreciate the offer

Right now, though, I am presently working on doing new AK camo units. So far, so good - heh.

But I will keep your generous offer in mind.

Sounds like your multi-battle scenario will be a pleasant journey through WWII.

All the best.

Cheers!

Comment

I love those distinctions under the shield! Can't wait for this one!

When is this supposed to be released?
                      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Well, i am contemplating whether to release it in stages by theatre, and I may lose some of the African maps, because I can't find much info.

So if you could tell me what you think of the stage idea, and if I do stage it, expect Europe befoere Christmas (maybe a bit over-optimistic, my first scenario), but I do have vacation starting the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPostal
                          If you want to help with research, could ou find out which division the US tanks were that supported at Omaha beach (I am making the shields whatever division was present there).
                          Are you talking about the DD tanks that landed (or tried to land) with the first wave? Those tanks came from the 741st and 743rd tank battalions, which were indepenant tank battalions not tied to any division. If they were tied to a division for the assault, then the divisions would have been the 1st and 29th Infantry Divisions, which assaulted Omaha beach (the 741st would have been attached to the 1st Infantry and the 743rd with the 29th).

According to my source (the very well researched TOAW scenario 'Overlord 44'), the 741st was intended to land at the Fox Green sector and the 743rd was intended for the Dog Red sector. From the same source, the 3rd Armoured Division began arriving in Normandy on D+19 (June 25). The 2nd Armoured Division arrived on D+4 (June 10) and appears to have been unloaded into the Omaha Beachead.

BTW, you may be interested by this site: http://w1.183.telia.com/~u18313395/normandy/index.html it lists the German OOB in painstaking detail, including tracking changes in the composition of the units as the battle progressed.

BTW, case, do you mind if I use your USMC unit from BOA?
                          Sure, go right ahead. For your future reference, unless the artist has specifically requested otherwise, you don't need to get permission to use units - all you need to do is credit the artists in a readme file.
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Well that's good to know. I have made the tanks with an Armored Division shield (all armored divisions were the same), so that will be useful for bulge and bocage (going to do that with british and americans), and i can easily change it on Bocage. My dream of completely individual sounds isn't looking too good - I may have to remove units where i don't want to.

Comment

Working...
                            X