Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have relatives in the UK?
    Yeah, but they're all tall, blond and only arived a few months ago

Both sides of my family are from Ireland, which they left due to a combination of potato shortages and judical rulings between 200 and 150 years ago.

Exile, I've always wondered if your avatar photo was a self portrait but have been too afraid to ask. Judging by those photos, you could move to Australia and join just about any rock band that took your fancy
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Pablostuka

Yeah...you're 'talking' to a great Queen fan

Do you have noticed that by the 'The Miracle' poster, don't you?
      Is there anyone else save pablo who likes Queen too? That´s great!

Comment

...judical rulings between 200 and 150 years ago.
        I have a West Virginian horse thief and a defrocked preacher in my tree. The preacher 'pursued the ardent spirits'.

You guys need someone to head up the balding old f**t contingent. If this thread isn't closed soon, I'll see if I can dig one up and scan it.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
          I have a West Virginian horse thief and a defrocked preacher in my tree. The preacher 'pursued the ardent spirits'.
          While I'm not exactly on top of the court records, my ancestors seem to have had an unfortunate fondness for their employer's silver cutlery (which may explain why my Grandma has so much of the stuff )
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

This is a particularily bad photo, but it's the only recent one I have. My face is badly sunburned in it; I attempted to Photoshop it out.

"The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Do you have noticed that by the 'The Miracle' poster, don't you?

The Miracle, Invisible Man and band posters to be precise

Is there anyone else save pablo who likes Queen too? That´s great!

Mercator (he had two Queen avatars in the past) and myself. At least that's the ones I know of (Chris 62 was also one of sorts, but he doesn't post here anymore).
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Here I am. Before I discovered Civilization II and after

Before:

After:
                Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

lol

just to make the list complete
                  Attached Files

Comment

You guys need someone to head up the balding old f**t contingent. If this thread isn't closed soon, I'll see if I can dig one up and scan it.
                    Post it Boco! If only I had a scanner I'm sure I could run you a close second in both the 'balding' and 'old fart' stakes
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by Case

While I'm not exactly on top of the court records, my ancestors seem to have had an unfortunate fondness for their employer's silver cutlery (which may explain why my Grandma has so much of the stuff )
                      I've always thought it was a genius idea by the 18th and 19th Century British judiciary to transport 'criminals' to Australia. Couldn't they have found somewhere worse like the Bahamas or the Seychelles to send 'em? Can you imagine if they still did it now: light fingers in your local Walmart in sunny Manchester gets you seven years on Bondi Beach with 2 years added on for good behaviour
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

You guys need someone to head up the balding old f**t contingent.
                        I would be disqualified from this contingent for being already too far ahead!

And you can add 1 to the people who like Queen...
                        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Wow Case, you had a lucky escape! Think of it; if it hadn't been for the wonderful hospitality the British showed your ancestors by deporting them to Australia, you might be living here... in Ireland!

What I can't figure out is why the troublemakers got a free trip to the relative paradise of Australia while people that behaved themselves had to stay here.

I'm sorry, I do tend to mumble on about the injustice of being born on a godforsaken rock in the Atlantic Ocean.

I'm up in university, so I can't rustle up any photos of myself at the moment - I'll see if I can unearth some when I go home next.
                          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
                            What I can't figure out is why the troublemakers got a free trip to the relative paradise of Australia while people that behaved themselves had to stay here.
                            Yeah, once the British underclass realised that the British government was willing to ship them to the other side of the world where, in return for what was normally a couple of years of not-so-hard labour, they could live in a sunny country with the highest wages and standard of living in the world, the deterent effect of transportation did wear off. When ex-convicts started digging up huge quantities of gold, the British had to think up new punishments

Comment

British weather is punishment enough!
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

And i like Queen too!

And you didn't post a photo, curt!
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X