Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody (Americans) find this offensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let me finalize the beta and I'll post it here this weekend.

So its Curt, Potus and Smiley then.

BTW,

currently I've chosen Rupert Murdoch as leader of the Unaligned Economies. I know that he's an American citizen now but he is surely more prominant than Kerry Packer. News Corp is still a major stock on the ASX so I think its OK, after all he only got citizenship to buy some regualted american assets.

Alan Bond is the Unaligned Hero Unit.

Any comments on either of this this?
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

OK the beta is sort of ready. Download away and let me have your comments.

to anybody other the the three volunteers-
      please wait for the release version, no point in spoiling the scenario.

(link removed)
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Cheers!
        Downloading now, I'll give some comments soon!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

DL'd , will test this weekend
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

"Meanwhile the heartland of
            ^^ U.S. doctrine known as the Ivy League goes into overdrive, with prophets such as
            ^^ Modigliani, Friedman, Markowitz and Sharpe spreading free-market ideology to
            ^^ every corner of the globe."

Err, since when did the University of Chicago enter the Ivy League? I mean really man, thats not much above putting the Jedi knights into a Star Trek scenario.

Not to be too snarky, but I suggest more study of American Culture (and not just Coke and Hollywood) before writing a scenario about it.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hey, it's a good scenario. A few minor mistakes doesn't make this scenario all bad.
              Vote Democrat
              Support Democracy

Comment

It is rather fun, and Mr Koby knows his companies!

It has had much effort put into it (as we can expect from a seasoned pro like the author) and the idea is original.

I think the fact that we are playing corp-civs in the world of high-finance, should be taken in context.

Capitalism is aggressive in it's arena, and this saleman's world is represented well in the scenario.

I think the Americana aspect is well put together, and is not aimed at politics, but the cut and thrust of commerce.

I eagerly await the full version.

Bravo to Koby!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haven't had a chance to play more than a couple turns yet, though graphics wise I have a couple improvements I would like to make, such as replacing the stacks of money with corporate logos. What do you say, Koyabashi?
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Some texts to update:
                    Golden Age
                    human territory violations
                    border patrols are "sovereign", not sovreign

1979 event states "Nixon is forced to play the China card", should be Carter.

So far, I quite like it though the tech paradigm could be slowed down. I'll let you know when I've finished all the research.

Also, some tech tree re-jigging: You've got Env as "Desktop Pub(1984)" when you could link this to reducing boycott pressure.

Pollution is a real bitch, so please pay very close attention to the tech associations with population pollution, like Pla. And maybe exploit Mag as a demographic GDP booster. http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_advances.shtml
                    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I would put future tech at the end, so I don't get Future Technology 53* from the Goody Huts.

*Note, this is a major exageration. It was really Future Technology 23.
                      Vote Democrat
                      Support Democracy

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                        replacing the stacks of money with corporate logos. What do you say, Koyabashi?
                        can you elaborate? I don't recall having stacks of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda
                          Some texts to update:
                          Golden Age
                          human territory violations
                          border patrols are "sovereign", not sovreign

NOTED

1979 event states "Nixon is forced to play the China card", should be Carter.

BUT SPOCK SAID 'ONLY NIXON COULD GO TO CHINA'. NOTED.

So far, I quite like it though the tech paradigm could be slowed down. I'll let you know when I've finished all the research.

PART OF THIS IS DUE TO THE HUGE EMPIRE SIZE vs SMALL NUMBER OF TECHS YOU HAVE AT THE START. LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH IT SLOWS DOWN AS YOU APPROACH MID GAME AND I"LL TRY SOME ADJUSTMENT.

Also, some tech tree re-jigging: You've got Env as "Desktop Pub(1984)" when you could link this to reducing boycott pressure.

Pollution is a real bitch, so please pay very close attention to the tech associations with population pollution, like Pla. And maybe exploit Mag as a demographic GDP booster.
                          Thanks for the insight. I've amended the golden age (and global warming) message. Plastics has been shifted into the main tree with a warning event message about boycotts. I may or may not remove enviromentalism depending on how bad the boycotts situation becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by POTUS
                            I would put future tech at the end, so I don't get Future Technology 53* from the Goody Huts.

*Note, this is a major exageration. It was really Future Technology 23.
                            THAT WAS KIND OF THE IDEA SINCE YOU HAVE A FULL EMPIRE TO START OFF WITH. IF NOT YOU MIGHT COLLECT A DOZEN TECHS OR SO IN A MONTH OR TWO. THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT THE EASTERN BLOC ARE COMPLETLEY CUT OFF FORM THE MAIN TREE AT FIRST SO THIS MAKES SURE THEIR AI CAN REACH FUTURE TECH. LET ME SEE IF I CAN SHIFT IT BACK SLIGHTLY.

Comment

Are those supposed to be office buildings in the city screen? I thought they looked like piles of currency.

Comment

ah...yes they are buildings. Not really good artwork but it'll have to do until I do a post release version.

Comment

Working...
                                X