Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody (Americans) find this offensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarthVeda
    Charlie Bronson may be American, but he's a corpse now.
    Yup.

But old Chuck made plenty of corpses before he became one himself!

Blam!

The man was a legend!
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

that reminds me so much of a truly genius episode of south park about the war in iraq, and another brilliant quote, ahem, "the whole basis of the american ideal is that america can do what it likes whilst appearing not to want to do it, saying one thing and doing another"
      Religion is the opiut of the people

Also known as The Limey on Civfan

Comment

Kobayashi, I do not find the scenario offensive in the sense that I accept the idea that it is okay to have different views on political points.
        However, I must say that your picture of America's scheming government strategists guiding Hollywood and business executives to "displace the ethnic and cultural distinctiveness" of other peoples, is thorougly tasteless and bitterly disgusting.

Comment

Not offended (why no poll?)
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Not only am I not offended but I find this hilarious. Hurry up and release a beta!
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Atlas,

think of it as a parody. The point is its so ludicrous that no one is expected to take it at face value, more like the opposite. You only do parodies on worthy subjects. DId you like Monthy Python and the Holy Grail or Johnny English? Anyway I take your point and I'll add a disclaimer at the start to say that even the inuendos are completely baseless.

Smiley,

the base game is actually up and running but I want to try the balance a bit first so it won't be a complete flop.

My favourite site for sounds, Star Trek in Sound and Vision seems to be permanently dead. Does anyone know where else can I find Ferenggi dialogue?
              This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Will the USSR be in the game?

Oh, as for balance, isn't it supposed to be unbalanced?
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                  Will the USSR be in the game?

There is a Easter Bloc which is AI

Oh, as for balance, isn't it supposed to be unbalanced?
                  Balance refers to whether the AI can adapt to the strange parameters.
                  This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Wasn't Charles Brosincky(later changed to Bronson) a lithuanian?
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                      Wasn't Charles Brosincky(later changed to Bronson) a lithuanian?
                      You're right.

Chuck was from Europe.

Comment

My favourite Bronson movie is a lessor known one with jill ireland called From Noon Til Three followed by the Mechanic

the worst one is the one with the white bison.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                          Not only am I not offended but I find this hilarious. Hurry up and release a beta!
                          would smiley be interested in trying out the beta?

Comment

Curt would!

Comment

I would be.
                              Vote Democrat
                              Support Democracy

Comment

most certainly

Comment

Working...
                                X