What I thought was impossible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I thought was impossible...

Ok, I've come across a problem while working on the 'Blitzkrieg 1936'. I've asked some of the experts I know over here, but they couldn't help me, so I now come before you.

Each civ discover up to 4 techs at the beginning of each turn. I've tried to slow the process through the Tech paradigm in the cosmic rules. Nothing seems to work. This surely beats me an my knowledge...

Please download the files and see for your self...I'm desperate!

EDIT: Attachment removed
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

The speed that you acquire techs is also partially determined by how many you already have; this is why tech progress in vanilla Civ2 holds relatively steady throughout the course of a game, despite the fact that the amount of beakers you are putting out in 4000BC is dwarved by the number you are putting out in 2000 AD. If you give each civ some techs to begin with, it should alleviate your problem somewhat.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Man! The people at the Scenario League just keep impressing me. All these little details...I would never think of that...Thanks Paul!

Comment

Change the tech paradigm under Edit King. The rules.txt one doesn't do much of anything in a scenario.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks guys! Really nice to know!

Comment

I can also do a strange thing (not sure if that works): I can hex-edit the tech count of all the civs, so they'd discover techs slower than usual, without changing the tech paradigm...
            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Change the tech progress under the King menu. Most propably you've added trade routes and as you know trade revenue gives a bonus to science beakers.

It is a common neglection(by me at least..) .
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

@yaroslav: How?

Comment

Cheat > Edit King > Tech Paradigm

I've never added trade routes to my scenarios, but then I am special.

Comment

Listen, I really don't follow you on everyone's references to the Edit King menu. Under Edit King there is no such thing as Tech Paradigm? But under Cheat > Scenario Parameters, you'll find the Tech Paradigm.

Am I just misunderstanding you guys, or what?

Comment

Kobra, I think you're right about the placement of the option...

I was speaking of hex-editing... it's not easy to explain
                      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Cheat > A Miracle Happens > Tech Paradigm > PROFIT!!!

Yeah, you are right. I'm growing senile. That's the working option.

Comment

What is the relationship, linear or exponential?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

What is the relationship, linear or exponential?

AAAAAAAARGH! It's people like you I need to get at least one point in my Maths exams
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Hello again!

I have another 'what -I-thought-was-impossible-question'.

Why does partisans take to the hills after I capture a city, even if I'm certain that civ does not have Guerilla Warfare. It's a scenario and I'm trying to remove this kind of troubles. I have already removed it from the tech tree, but this beats me...

Comment

Working...
                              X