X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update of Crisis of the New World Order

Vote Democrat
    Support Democracy

When a unit is destroyd event use the anybody triger.

UNITKILLED
    unit=X
    attacker=Anybody
    defender=Y
    @THEN
    "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
    - Queen Kristina

Comment

Just out of curiousity, how are you going to update the scenario?
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Ok. Thanks gerryandersson.

I am making the scenario more accurate and making the scenario harder by increasing the number of rebels. Also, it makes war more expensive.

I am thinking of making civillians a weak partisan unit to reflect the reality that often terrorists and soldiers hide in crowds of civillians i.e. Somalia, Israel, and Iraq. Then, however, if they are attacked, the attacking nation loses money, i.e. boycott or sanctions.
        Vote Democrat
        Support Democracy

Comment

Originally posted by gerryandersson
          When a unit is destroyd event use the anybody triger.

UNITKILLED
          unit=X
          attacker=Anybody
          defender=Y
          @THEN
          No, no, no.

This formula is incomplete.

UNITKILLED
          unit=X
          attacker=Anybody
          defender=Y
          @THEN
          CHANGEMONEY
          receiver=Triggerattacker
          amount=x(or - x)

add the above lines. Otherwise you'll either have to create a seperate event for each civ(receiver=Yankees, receiver=Soviets etc,etc)
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Remember of the bug (which CNWO exploits to force "joint" peacekeeping missions) because any given triggerattacker works only (and always apply thereafter) to the first one to trigger it.. IIRC it isn't possible to add new events to the scn, since it's event space is already maxed out cause of these (it has the different event file to have civ-specific evnt work proprly.)

GO INDIA !!!! ;p

Comment

After testing I have discovered that jeibel was correct. However I was able to add new events with the in-game editor.
              Vote Democrat
              Support Democracy

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos

No, no, no.

This formula is incomplete.

UNITKILLED
                unit=X
                attacker=Anybody
                defender=Y
                @THEN
                CHANGEMONEY
                receiver=Triggerattacker
                amount=x(or - x)

add the above lines. Otherwise you'll either have to create a seperate event for each civ(receiver=Yankees, receiver=Soviets etc,etc)
                I know my formula was incomplete but I thout he would understand it anyway.
                "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
                - Queen Kristina

Comment

I did understand.

I am debating, should I have more rebels, or penalties for attacking civillians?
                  Vote Democrat
                  Support Democracy

Comment

Originally posted by POTUS
                    I am debating, should I have more rebels, or penalties for attacking civillians?
                    Definitely more rebels. They should pose a serious challenge for the minor civs.

Comment

Yes, but the civillians have previously caused me to lose more than half of my gold, I was at 33570, in one turn during an offensive against China.
                      Vote Democrat
                      Support Democracy

Comment

POTUS you should check these to links out for more ideas:

I also think yuo should have a bigger map
                        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Did anyone check with the author of the scenario if he'd like someone to edit his work?

I think Andrew Livings is still around.

Just a thought...
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Indeed....
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I tried to contact Andrew Livings, however, his email, or mine I'm not sure, didn't work and so, I decided to just start, and hope that he would allow me to.
                              Vote Democrat
                              Support Democracy

Comment

Working...
                              X