Annoying problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying problem

Well, this isnt a scenario thing, this is about the hole civ2.

yesterday I dowloaded imperialism 1870 v2.0 and tested it, noticing that civ2 crashes when I start it. Well I downloaded it again and it still didnt work. I deleted it and started to play my turn in 2194 days of war PBEM. And civ2 crashed..

and THEN I decided to load a game (my scen that im working on) and civ2 crashed!! The only thing I can do is start a new game and play only very few scenarios (only the first turn)

I installed civ2 again, and nothing changed.

PS. This problem is damn annoying, I NEED HELP!!
    "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

More information please

What did you do to your computer inbetween Civ working fine and Civ not working? Did you install any new hardware or software? Did you fiddle around with any of the settings? How old is your computer and what operating system does it run?

When you say civ 'crashes' what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? If so, could you post a screenshot of it?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

What version do you have? Imperialism 1870 will work in MGE but not FW.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

What name did you give the folder that you put Imperialism 1870 in? I've noticed that putting too many spaces in a scenario folder name (usually two or more, but this varies) can cause crashes.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

What did you do to your computer inbetween Civ working fine and Civ not working? Did you install any new hardware or software? Did you fiddle around with any of the settings? How old is your computer and what operating system does it run?
          Nope, I didnt do nothing!

When you say civ 'crashes' what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? If so, could you post a screenshot of it?
          A message pops up: "civ2.exe has generated and errors and will need to restart the program.

An error log has been created"

What version do you have? Imperialism 1870 will work in MGE but not FW.
          MGE obviously cause I play PBEMs

What name did you give the folder that you put Imperialism 1870 in? I've noticed that putting too many spaces in a scenario folder name (usually two or more, but this varies) can cause crashes.
          I put "Imperialism 1870 v2.0" And now its deleted, but the problem still isnt...

Comment

Sounds like this is either a corrupt file or a Windows problem.

Did you reinstall the UCC patch after you reinstalled civ2?

Comment

UCC patch?

And btw, some scens work perfectly. I downloaded a new scen and It worked beautifully. But nothing that I had before the imperialism 1870 doesnt work

Comment

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ...uccupdate3.exe

Comment

maybe you should download the files that aren't working again and replace them.. I dunno what to do with your own things though
                  "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                  It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Ok, i thing the problem is solved:

I downloaded the files again and deleted the old scen files. Now I want to know why did this happen in the first place

Comment

Probably becuase Venus was in the wrong quarter, or something equally logical. Computers are weird things. - I recently had to get a new computer because my old one was having trouble starting up. The funny thing is, on both occasions I took it to the repair shops it worked perfectly!
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                        The funny thing is, on both occasions I took it to the repair shops it worked perfectly!

.....they always do..........
                        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
                        X