No announcement yet.

Wonder Triggered Events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... Manhattan Project allows nukes, perhaps that could be used somehow?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

just put cities at the right junctions controlled by powerful imobile barbarians?
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Frank has a great, and very simple solution.

Just give engineers the ability to turn grassland into ocean. This places it at the right time, and since its an act of engineers its accurate in that sense, and we don't have to do any junk with special engineers with fighter tags and immobile barbarian terrain units or anything.

Plus since it will take 40 turns for 1 engineer to make the transformation it will require the civ to have a good control over the canal zone. In the real world before the brits and americans built their respective canals they had to get access to and control over the territory. With the fighter/engineer unit a civ from austriallia (for example) could boat the thing up and just dump off the unit to open up the canal. Thats less realistic.

This will be fun to diplogame. Thanks for everyone's help.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I prefer the hell expensive work crew idea to the wonder trigger myself

what about that city production trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            I prefer the hell expensive work crew idea to the wonder trigger myself
            Which is good because the Wonder trigger doesn't work

what about that city production trigger?
            Do you mean the "city conquest"?? If not, what then??
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrion
              Do you mean the "city conquest"?? If not, what then??
              Originally posted by Boco
              Try the CityProduction trigger (ToT only).
              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Here is an example of using the building of a Wonder as an event trigger. This will work in Test of Time only.

@IF
                CityProduction
                builder=Anybody
                improvement=47 ; Legendary Hero
                @THEN
                Text
                Lerphin Runeaxe, the greatest warrior in
                all of Minaria, has answered your summons.
                EndText
                CreateUnit
                InCapital
                owner=TriggerReceiver
                unit=Lerphin Runeaxe
                veteran=No
                homecity=None
                @ENDIF

Comment

Unfortunately we are doing this in Civ2:MGE
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                  X