No announcement yet.

New Scenario under construction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer? S*it! I was reading/typing too fast and I didn't notice it. Allard created a scenario about the Boer War, not the Boxer War

(well, It's almost the same... China, South Africa... who cares? )
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

The Chinese and South Africans do.

Comment

And who cares about the chinese and south africans?
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I was just waiting for somebody to say it

BTW, I think We've made a good threadjack... sorry, Jim
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

I think the perfect WW2 scenario is still to be made.

2194, ZWK and many others have came close.
            But that magic mix of graphics and gameplay are elusive.

But I know of one or two creators on CDG and Poly SL who are cooking up a few XX century surprises for the community.

I wanted to take a break from the world of the 1940s, that is why I am working on Bitterfrost...It doesn't have a gun in sight.

(OK, it has one blunderbuss unit, and an arcane laser troop...But that's all!)

I think the SL and CDG communities are making some totally superb work right now!

Everyone should reflect for a moment on how great a game CIV2 is!
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

ZWK?
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                ZWK?
                Zweiter Weltkrieg by kobayashi

Comment

Still a lot of the scenarios for WWII are so large that they become too tactical.

What I'd like to see is a minimap version that can be played in a short amount of time.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

ZWK = WWII

Comment

Jasev: you are absolutely right that all these periods of history have been covered, but often by only one or 2 scenarios, and in many cases not for a long time. There are about 5 or 6 'alternative post-ww2' scenarios in the making.

BTW, you forgot to list Capt Nemo's ACW scenario!
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

And not one single (and proper!) scenario for the cold war, or the 20s, or the imperial age...

Comment

Acedemia released a Cold War scenario, I think, then there's Exile's Imp1870 and Carl Fritz's Brown Man's Burden or Allard Hoffelt's River War for the Victorian Imperial age. The 20's are a bit sparse though, unless you have ToT; Techumseh has Warlords in the offing.
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                            ZWK = WWII

Figured out as much

Zwei=two
                            +
                            Welt=world
                            +
                            krieg=war
                            =
                            Second world war.

did three years of German at the university.

Comment

I'll deepen my French at uni, I think I'm good enough at English

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

But I know of one or two creators on CDG and Poly SL who are cooking up a few XX century surprises for the community.
                                Oh, which ones are you refering at?

I think the SL and CDG communities are making some totally superb work right now!

Everyone should reflect for a moment on how great a game CIV2 is!
                                You're totally right!

Comment

Working...
                                X