Help With Development...2194 Gigamap Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Development...2194 Gigamap Version 2

I am beginning work on Version 2 of my 2194 Days Of War Gigamap Version. It is a complete rework and a complete rebuilding of the previous scenario. I want to change everything that needs to be changed, but I don't know everything that needs to be changed. Please let me know whatever you think needs to be changed as far as Countries, Cities, Technologies, and especially Units. Please post them here, thanks a lot.

Pap

I would galdly assist, Comrade!

I think the shape of the North African coast line should be remodeled first. Well, I would also favor to include some terrain or something like this to avoid a total conquest of China by Japan.

It would also be funny to make in my opinion it more fun to do this (if possible): As the only difference between grassland and plains is the food production you could replace the plains in the Northern Hemisphere with grassland to get one terrain free. With that free terrain you could be able to create some 'buffer' terrain and the Russian winter could have 'white' terrains.

I oppose some of the units, like the PzKw VI King Tiger as this tank has not reached the front in too large numbers. I would prefer to see different PzKw IV versions as least half of the total German tank production was PzKw IVs.

Maybe leave the Neutrals out, replace them with the Barbs and give them a such powerful defence unit to make sure that no human player would attack those cities and include Italy - to impede Germany a bit which is - in my humble opinion - a VERY strong country.

So much for now, later more. Regards, jim.

Comment

I agree with leaving the neutrals out.. but Italy the best civ that can replace them? I can't come up with another civ now, so it seems to be the best. Don't forget their colonies (Libya, Abessinia, Eritrea) in Africa though. It would be more itneresting to see Italy and Germany cooperate in a PBEM (especially in North Africa).
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

That was the intention behind my suggestion.

Comment

What if the new scenario started with the invasion of Poland in 39, and you included the French instead of the Neutrals?

Alternatively, the Italians could be grouped with Germany's other allies (Hungary, Romania & Bulgaria) that used lots of Italian equipment anyway.
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Remember that Italy also holds Yugoslavia and Greece when the scenario starts in Dec '41.

Comment

Not really. All the major/ strategic cities in 1941 Greece were under German control (Athens, Salonica, Western Crete & the border with Turkey).
              Thats effectively everything that shows in Civ2

The Italians got the rest of the country -in theory- & the Bulgars got Thrace.

In practice, the mountainous mainland interior got firmly under the control of various resistance groups, but I am not going to get into that.

The same goes for Yugoslavia, where the Germans installed a puppet state in Croatia, and Tito's partizans established themselves in the interior.

The Germans got what was worth anything, the Italians got their leftovers. And where the basic supply source for the resistance, against their will or not.
              "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
              -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
              "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
              "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the help so far!

This scenario is going to start in December of 1941, but I am also planning on one starting in 1939 after this one is complete. The only problem I see with having Italy as a civilization is that they only have 3 or 4 cities. there just isn't enough room to have more cities for them. Can they really survive with 3 or 4 cities?? Let me know what you think.

Pap

Comment

Here are my suggestions for Italy.

Following cities should belong to Italy:
                  * ROME
                  * Tranto
                  * Milan
                  * Tripoli
                  * Benghazi
                  * Addis Adaba (Which i dunno why, is british in your scen)
                  *Tunis (I'm almost sure the Italians occupied the city)

You could also give them:
                  * Budapest
                  * Bucharest
                  * Odessa (Occupied by Romania according to a map I have)
                  and rename them "Germans allies" or "Third Reich allies" or something.

Following airbases should also belong to them:
                  * 112,60 Italy
                  * 117,53 Albania
                  * 108,56 Sardinia

--

If they have a good teamwork with Germany (which they are supposed to), and have all these cities/airports they can manage to survive.

You can also make them a city in Eritrea and some british cities in the are to make a conflict there.

edit:
                  You should reshape the Baltic, Finland are far to small and Riga and Tallin are far too much to the north.

Comment

It could look a little more like this: (Just a suggestion though)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
                      * Addis Adaba (Which i dunno why, is british in your scen)
                      The 'British' [read: Indian troops under British command] captured the city in either late 1940 or early 1941. All of East Africa was long gone to Italy by the time of Pearl Harbour. Nemo goofed by giving the city to the Axis.
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case

The 'British' [read: Indian troops under British command] captured the city in either late 1940 or early 1941. All of East Africa was long gone to Italy by the time of Pearl Harbour. Nemo goofed by giving the city to the Axis.
                        Thanks for the info Case. Then just keep the city that way there then

Comment

Considering how very very hard it is to find committed PBEM'ers these days, I'd recommend against a Minor Allies civ.

Anyway, I can only think of a few minor changes.

- Why are some bunker units fortified and some not?

- Lose the Fairey Swordfish in Minsk of course.

- You have to do more to prevent an Axis invasion of Britain in the second turn. Sure, most of the time this is due to incompetence on the British players' part, but it was still too easy for sas and I. Something as simple as removing one of London's 2 bunkers and putting one in a Channel port or two would be more than enough.

- More offensive units available to the Soviets at the start.

- Slightly weaker industry for Germany.

- An industrial square by Delhi.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

But please dont weak Ruhr Valleys industry again!
                            I always hated all units beeing able to attack aircrafts. Against AI you can forget playing this in every other case superb scen. And I know about some of your house rules but I like to stack my units with fighters (NOT with Bombers)- as I think it is a realistic air defense simulation.

And PLEASE:
                            I see you love tanks and theres nothing to say against but you have a hundreds of them and NOT EVEN A SINGLE "WEHRMACHT" UNIT! (You said there wasn´t enough slots- but whats more important? The 20th differnt tank or the one and only individual national Infantry?

Yes I think you perhaps have some tanks too much. When I played I just always builded one kind of- the best! Where do I need the others for (as there aren´t much cheaper I guess).

But please dont understand me wrongly- overall I really think your sceneario superb!
                            Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

What does everyone think about putting Italy as a country in the scenario?

I aa just worried that they will be killed off very quickly and the allied players will have too much of an advantage. While you can work together as a team in a PBEM you cannot have other player's units in your cities, so it would be hard to accurately recreate how they worked together.

Don't worry Cifer, the Ruhr cities are going to be very important cities.

I don't know what I am going to do about units attacking air units. I think I am going to release a single player version and a PBEM version so they will be different.

I think there are too many tanks also. I tried to get 1 of each type for each country so they became a little too much the focal point of the scenario. I am planning on changing them into national infantry and getting rid of many of the tanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X