Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Götterdämmerung - The Downfall of the Third Reich Version 1.0 available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Götterdämmerung - The Downfall of the Third Reich Version 1.0 available!

As I released a playtest version a couple of days ago I will now proudly release Version 1.0! I added an additional feature for gameplay reasons (Credit goes to Pablostuka for editing that batch file in exchange for some unit work. Thank you again, pal! ).

The Side Selection: Just run the 'Side Selection' batch file and choose your side (US, UK or USSR) and then run the 'Donwfall' batch file and choose the part!

Just follow this link to find the game files!

Hope you enjoy the scenario!
    Attached Files

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Jim!

Du übertriffst dich jedesmal selbst von neuem. Vor allem deine Hand für strategische Szenarien ist überaus bewundernswert.

@all: Sorry, but I wanted to congratulate him with what I wanted to express and not what I am able to express...
    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

OMG!!!

We have a workalcoholic here

I suppose you have nothing against uploading the scenario to the Spanish Site, Jim Panse... am I right?
      "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
      "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
      The Spanish Civilization Site
      "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

I would not be offended if you upload it to your wonderful site.

Comment

I'll do that tonight.

I've started a game with British, and I'm receiving the "logistic limit" advice before I even create a unit (they're being created by events)
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

That´s true. Just ignore it. That´s because I wanted the game to be as hard as possible and that´s the problem with those event-generated units .... Nothing to worry about!

Comment

Btw Stephan i think that this scenario would FAR more interesting from the German side.
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

@ Pericles: I know this but you won´t succeed in any way. That´s the problem but I have no problem if you or anyone of you take the map, maybe some graphics and some other stuff to make a scenario just the other way round .....

Comment

Well admitedly that thought had crossed my mind, coincidentally just a few weeks before your first Götterdämmerung thread.

But why could there be no success? a sucessfull Ardenes offensive could buy the Wehrmacht time on the Western front to transfer troops to the East and fight the Ruskies to a bloody draw.Or so the German staff had planned.

Hmm.......now that i think of it you are right. There really wasn't any chance of success.
                  "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Commanding the heroic GIs and Tommies has it's own superb appeal!

And commanding the gung-ho Red Army?...Nothing is more fun!

But, personally I would love to fight a single player, German-centric version of this brilliant scenario, fighting to the MP44 round and grenade!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

YEAH!

Comment

A last desperate offensive in the west battling both superior numbers and time, nightmarish defensive battles in the east against inumerable enemies, chaotic allocation of depleting resources, foes arousing everywere, hellish street fights at Budapest and Berlin, loyal SS guards falling where they stood.... all composing a true Wagneric holocaust.

Comment

Sounds mental but cool!

The scenario objective could be to buy enough time to gain a Allied/Axis cease-fire or armistice. (announced via events...)

Perhaps the Allies are only going to fight till a certain time limit...
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                            Sounds mental but cool!

???

What exactly do you mean by "mental"?

BTW i checked your comic site.......

I especially like that ghost admiral character!
                            Why don't you add a link in your ever-changing signature?

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                              Sounds mental but cool!

The scenario objective could be to buy enough time to gain a Allied/Axis cease-fire or armistice. (announced via events...)

Perhaps the Allies are only going to fight till a certain time limit...
                              Yeah, good idea! Jimmy, I can´t play the downfall of my own country- I can´t! Soemwhere down there my grandfathers stand... you know what I mean?
                              Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

Working...
                              X