Project UrbCiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project UrbCiv

For those who've wanted to make urban combat scenarios, UrbCiv is coming!

UrbCiv is primarily a terrain mod, changing the names and properties of the terrains to make a city environment.

Here's progress so far. Completed are Shantytown (replaces Desert), special resources Projects and Sweatshop, Rural (replaces Tundra) and Boonies (replaces Glacier).
    Attached Files
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

It's looking great, Smiley. I may have to be the first to use these in perhaps a scenario I might be doing
    -rmsharpe

Comment

Top row: Village, Grain Silo (Rural)
      Bottom row: Prison, Mine (Boonies)
      Attached Files
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Great idea!
        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Very, very nice.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

New tiles: Suburb (former grassland), Suburb with Resource (mini mall), Town (former plains), and Town special resources Mill (replaces buffalo) and School (replaces wheat)
            Attached Files

Comment

this looks great! looking forward to the release smiley
              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Here's the latest. Water has been, uh, polluted. Shantytown tile and specials darkened to make them more distinguishable from Suburbia.

Added new tile, Slums (replaces swamp) with special resources Public Housing and Warehouse.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome...now maybe when you're done someone will make a Battle of Berlin scenario!
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                  Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Looks familiar...

Comment

I know I want to use the graphics for one of my upcoming scenarios
                      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

I'm also thinking of radically revising the way movement works to reflect the change in scale.

Here are the ideas so far:

RRs are not going to be buildable (RR tech disabled) but the graphics for Freeway will be included for placement in a scenario.

Roads will make movement in each square cost half a movement point.

Infantry units move at speed of 1 and treat all squares as road, so for all practical purposes, can move 2 squares/turn.

Movement cost for terrain ranges from 1 to 4.

Wheeled units will have movements ranging from 1 to 8.

Ships retain normal movement.

Aircraft get enhanced range. More helicopter-type planes.

The mod as default is intended to be playable as a regular CIV game on premade maps, complete with tech tree and units. Version 0.9 will contain just the terrain and city (now HQ buildings) graphics and terrain functions in rules.txt and leave the extensive modding to scenario makers.

Comment

Progress on Terrain1.gif so far...

Added Skid Row (replaces Jungle) as well as Avenues (roads) and Freeways (RRs)

Comment

It's obviously too late now, but for simulation of urban combat wouldn't it be better to turn oceans into streets traversible by Tank or armored transport "boats" that carry infantry "helicopters?" How about some pedestrian triremes who have to worry about getting run over if they go too far from buildings?
                            Just being a spiteful nuisance; don't take my suggestions seriously. Anyway, those graphics look awesome. Are mountains, hills and forests going to stay the same, get scaled down, or turn into something like "industrial district" terrain?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Hmm... oceans into streets... Could make a good game of CIV Frogger...

Mountains are going to become Apartments.

Hills are becoming Industrial areas.

Forests are becoming Downtowns.

The terrains are all terraformable. The main project is meant to be more than just tiles for an urban war scenario, rather, you get to play as a gang and beat up rival gangs, while at the same time conduct urban development to increase your resource supply. Kind of like Sim City meets Civ.

Comment

Working...
                              X