• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll download it as soon as i get home

thanks!
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

hmm... i managed to work around the problem by using the map editor to create the map (i have the editor, plus essential files, in a separate folder just for maps) and reverted to the old game.txt for \civ2mge and it worked... i'll try with the new one though....
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Smiley, an excellent find!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

watch out for Shai-Halud on the arid fireball setting
          ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

That would make a cool barbarian unit like the aliens in Alpha Centauri. Frankly it's much, much cooler than what AC has.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

to be serious this allows for many new strategic possibilities some of these are

1 an all kand campaign
              2 an all naval campaign

it changes your tech focus for example on an arid/fireball/hugeland/pangea/3 billion years old map you don't exactly worry about naval tech as much and the great wall becomes *VERY* important
              ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

Lots of small maps have one large continent with only a few outliers, and often limited water access to the primary ocean. Still, most experienced players never bother to build GW against the AI. In the MP forum I recall they don't emphasize GW much at all, and they play 49x79 single continent maps all the time.

But, yes, the megacontinent large map would make an interesting change, as would a waterworld.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

CivMapGen mentions the 64 (or actually, 63) continent limit. I wonder if anyone has looked into the code to alleviate the problem? It has occured to me that since Civ2 assigns the 63 designation to every body of water smaller than a certain size (12 tiles, IIRC) may the same code could be haXXored in the continent number algorithm by some l33t d()()d with the sk1|_|_z.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X