Zones of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zones of Control

Just a thought. Does anyone ever wonder why diplomatic and trade units have ZOC but are almost always free to ignore them. How does a spy or trade caravan interdict the movement of even warriors, let alone armor. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

All units have a ZOC. All air and naval units automatically ignore them. Ground units given the 'ignore ZOC' flag, such as diplomats and trade units, also ignore them.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: Zones of Control

Originally posted by Patine
      Just a thought. Does anyone ever wonder why diplomatic and trade units have ZOC but are almost always free to ignore them. How does a spy or trade caravan interdict the movement of even warriors, let alone armor. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.
      it probably has to do with the fact that all land units have ZOC, microprose didn't think it neccessary to do the extra coding of having the spies and caravans not enforce a ZOC

Comment

I guess that makes sense, though I do think (as impotent as my thoughts are in MPS) that units with an Attack Value of 0 should not enforce a ZOC. What I really hate is when the computer blocks up my roads and railroads between my cities with trade and diplomacy units, which of course can't be demanded to be withdrawn by peace treaty. Haven't come across too many human players with that annoying tactic though.

Comment

Working...
        X