No announcement yet.

Political Correctness getting in the way of Historical Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And lets not forget that what ultimatelly brought Hitler's downfall, and indirectly lost the war for the Reich, was Hitler's clash with the officer's corps.

A struggle that Hitler finnaly won, but with the cost of a lost war.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Wermacht was fighting for the nazi, simply because there was no other Germany then. But that's not the point. Their attitude towards Slavs wasn't much different from the official one, and they acted pretty bad.
      It's not about politics, it's about behaviour. The true is that Germans, no matter their political views, acted different towards the French f.e. than towards Poles, Gypsies and others
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

That's probably true for any country you could look at, and putting the Wehrmacht in the same category as the Nazis is going a bit far, IMO...

Comment

There is than book I have called "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" the holocaust as seem by its perpetrators and bystanders. The SS have than standing order that it any SS man didnot want
          to murder unarm people of certain ethic group their didnot have to than no official action will be taken against then and
          they will have to do extras duty. There was alway one man in the SS units who was alway ill when the SS have to do they dirtry work he was the person in charge of reporting abuse of the SS on certain ethic group to the germany government and from the germany government onward to the International Red Cross.
          In combat solider might accientable shoot dead than unarmed civialion , with the SS it was more the rule than the
          ecption.
          By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

The SS were not part of the Wehrmacht.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
              The SS were not part of the Wehrmacht.
              Exactly. It was an organization independant of the Wehrmacht, under the direct control of the Nazis. They were looked down upon by the rest of the Wehrmacht.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                They were looked down upon by the rest of the Wehrmacht.
                True, but one can not doubt their outstanding heroism.

Comment

I wouldn't call it heroism. Unless you think calling Nazi zealots heroes is a good idea.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And anyway it is my belief that the Germans fought an honourable war untill operation Barbarossa.
                    What do You mean by that?

Wermacht wasn't an organisation that was evil from its basis, from definition. But its behaviour didn't have much to do with anything good
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                      What do You mean by that?

Wermacht wasn't an organisation that was evil from its basis, from definition. But its behaviour didn't have much to do with anything good
                      That having been said, would you hold the Polish, or French or British Armies any higher?

Comment

True, but one can not doubt their outstanding heroism.
                        hopefully you realized what a mistake this statement was...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                          I wouldn't call it heroism. Unless you think calling Nazi zealots heroes is a good idea.

Nazi zealots?

Sava and big Crunch, while having absolutely nothing against you personally i hope you do understand the fault of your arguments.

I am really fed up with the post WW2 anti-nazi propaganda.

I have seen documentaries and read books where the Allied stand at Anzio is characterised as "heroic" and "brave", while the German defense of Normady as "fanatical".

Nazi, British or Russian these people were soldiers fighting for their own countries. In many cases they ignored their own lives and did their duty with honor.

And that makes them heroes.

and anyway the Wafen-SS were not involved in any atrocities.

Comment

and anyway the Wafen-SS were not involved in any atrocities.
                            Uh huh... A Google search turned up this.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The SS unit that ran the death camp where special unit that didnot socialize with other units at all. They stay together in their own liveing quater and when they went on leave their stay at their rest camp where they didnot socialize with other germany. There where case of non-jew who where put on death train to death camp by mistake who have to be kill to keep the secret of death camp secret as most germany would have being against the death camp.
                              By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

That having been said, would you hold the Polish, or French or British Armies any higher?
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X