No announcement yet.

HoI v1.03 Released except NA version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any news about what has been added/changed/removed with this patch?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You can find it here, at HoI's official pages.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thanks Nikolai. That is a VERY long list of things added and changed.

Comment

Yes, and Johan(the main programmer) said that this wasn't everything! There are also a number of small tweaks that they haven't listed.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

I didn't realise that was the case, since it doesn't seem to research when you research or build units when you build units. I'm sure it will be a stronger opponent with each patch and many annoying quirks will disappear. I just found it immense fun from 1.0 onward anyway. Easy, but fun.
            yeah, I would play as say, Germany and research like mad until 1938. When I attacked, the others would only have maybe 60 units, easy to roll.

the patch has totally changed (improved) the game, its much, much more difficult. Playing as Germany on very hard, furious, was actually, gasp, challenging, for a while at least. and, the first game as USSR I got rolled by Germany.

Comment

MP any good with the improvements?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I still haven't tried MP with 1.03. Haven't downloaded 1.03 at all yet. I'm waiting for feed back before I give up my 1.02.

Comment

1.03 is much better.

The MP tactical bombing bug was squashed, which was a huge improvement for MP play. Luckily I get the most up-to-date version of the game daily to play MP, so I get to work with new stuff you guys don't.

Comment

For those with the NA version, Strategy First has released the official 1.03 on its website:

(click on the Patches link)
                    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Excellent.
                      Time to teach those French how to spell "Panzer".
                      (They just seem to keep forgetting ).

Comment

Woot! Time to get downloading. I see they toned down the computer research bonus. Thank goodness for that.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                          1.03 is much better.
                          I have to say I think the naval aspect is much much better now. My ships actually sunk things other than convoys.
                          No more getting my main fleet stuck off the coast of some itsy bitsy little port with a single zero-org sub that kept making spoiler attacks only to be instantly routed (and thereby tying my force up until it had lost all its own org. Grrr. ).
                          AI seemed a little better too (although I guess I should really start a new game to give em the full benefit of the patch ).

I guess somebody's started the countdown to 1.04?
                          I hope they get the graphic hiccup fixed soon. It just feels wrong sending my biplanes in against those Me109's. Like I'm playing Civ or something.

Comment

A fairly major bug I've noticed is that when you lose a defensive battle, or try to retreat from one yourself, your units disappear instead of retreat. The AI seems to be unaffected by this. Supposedly it's been fixed, but too late for 1.03 sadly.
                            "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

What is real sad for HoI as a game, is the loss of Bolt, one of(if not the) the most important mod maker. Sad that he went mad...(because that's what it seems like, at least when not having the direct information at hand ) We can only hope he'll come back, but that's not very likely I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                                Sure, of course. I don't care about mp, which probably shows why we have differing opinions. Playing only sp HOI, until this patch, was quite bad, since if you only expend ICs on research, the ai wouldn't have any units whatsoever, making the game incredibly easy. Now, however, its a much better, more difficult game sp.
                                I think the problems were more basic than the AI, ie
                                inferstructure, paratroops, disappearing units (not attr),
                                sliders, the general selector and of course the CTD.

Comment

Working...
                                X