Annexing France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annexing France

Playing as England I conquered much of France, along with my ally Brittany. France was reduced to a single territory - Paris. Peace ensured for ~30 years before war erupted again. This time I vassalised France and so agreed peace - Britanny continued their war however. After conquering Paris they annexed them. This annoyed me a bit, but wasn't too much of a problem.

Then about 1 month later Britanny became France. I presume that is supposed to happen by an event, but it was extremely annoying! Now I've got to reconquer France (Brittany) again.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

You should have annexed them, and picked up the COT and French culture to boot. Not that it really matters,
    I'm sure Brittainy is/was next on your menu too.

Comment

Whenever one of the minor nations in France conquers Paris (and the real France ceases to exist), they take on the title of 'France'.

Comment

What if I had annexed France instead?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

France wouldn't return unless a French minor gets a hold ofl Paris.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
            What if I had annexed France instead?
            Well, as long as you hold on to Paris, then it won't matter. If a French minor ever gets ahold of Paris (and a couple other things), then they'll become France.

Comment

well, not all of them (savoy and lorraine won`t become france) and only if they manage to own paris before 1515. After 1515 france won`t be reborn anymore
              Kasperus

Comment

I was just simplifying for the sake of... well, simplicity. That's why I had "and a couple other things" in parenthesis.

Comment

If you play with one of the mods, don't remember wich, you'll get quite a few good events playing as England, and owning France. I tried England with the ordinary Gc, and then with this mod, and the last is absolutely the best. I recommend you to use it. I think it's the EEP. You can for example get the french provinces as CB provinces, something I don't think you get with the GC. Anyway, enjoy your game!
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X