Favourite nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite nation

I seem to be playing the GC as Austria the most at the moment.

Who do you find the most challenging/fun.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I haven't been playing at all lately, but my favourites are Prussia, Austria, Bavaria, and Bohemia. Actually, I root for the Ottomans when playing, but playing as them is too easy.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Persia, Brandenburg and Venice are the ones I find myself coming back to again and again.

Comment

Austria and Turkey, but Turkey is indeed too easy.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Never played as Turkey.

I found Russia/Muscovy quite easy, England too.

Comment

1) Trebizond - quite challenging, early on...but many paths available.

2) Portugal - for the pure exploration/colonization experience.

3 ) Spain - talk about easy! But there is something immensely satisfying about having CBs on most of the non-European world.

honorable mention: Denmark, Venice, Turkey

Comment

I think I'll give Venice a go next.

Comment

I liked a lot Spain, Ottoman Empire and England.

Once I tried with Savoy, it was a very challenging game, and being a 10-15 provinces duchy (I expanded a bit) in between Austria, France and Spain is defently very hard, but fun.
                I still remember like if it was yerstuday (because it was yerstuday) the day in which Austria, France and Spain formed an alliance and DOWed me, soon after the Pope and England DOWed me too, and a bit later even Venice and my vassals Navarra and Guyenne DOWed me.
                That was the hardest game ever, but it was very fun, (till it lasted)

Saluti
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

I played Venice and Turkey with the best effect...
                  I think Denmark should be nice.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Venice
                    Ottoman Empire
                    Portugal

I also like to play as any Eastern European/Balkan minor and try to save the East Roman Empire or help out the Turks as a North-African (+Granada) minor.
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      I haven't been playing at all lately, but my favourites are Prussia, Austria, Bavaria, and Bohemia. Actually, I root for the Ottomans when playing, but playing as them is too easy.

BAVARIA!!!????

How can you choose Bavaria. They do not appear in the selection list. Have you found a way or there is a new patch that fixes it? I have 1.05 version.

Needless to say i only play as the Byzantine Empire.

But my brother prefers Teutonic order, Croatia, Prusia and really wants Bavaria.
                      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos

BAVARIA!!!????

How can you choose Bavaria. They do not appear in the selection list. Have you found a way or there is a new patch that fixes it? I have 1.05 version.
                        You just have to open the scenario file (the grand campaign.eug) and add BAY to the list of selectable nations.

Comment

Wow!!!

I have tried to add Music the same way but failed. Is there a special procedure for that too? I copied the wav file of my choise to the Music folder then wrote its name to the early epoch list and the frontend txt, but does not seem to work.
                          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I haven't tried that (I use WinAmp while playing EUII ) but looking at the Music folder, all the music files seem to be mp3's... Have you tried adding an mp3 instead of a wav file?

Comment

Yes, yes the file was mp3 i made a mistake. The point is that i like some of the music EUII has but i want to have my favorite pieces also.

Comment

Working...
                              X