Bad boy reps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad boy reps

Haven't played in awhile and can't remember...

If you damage your reputation, say from Honourable to Respectable, is it possible to repair it back to Honourable, or are you tarnished forever?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Your badboy status goes down by 1 point every four years (actually, every year % 4 == 0) on all levels other than Very Hard and every eight years on Very Hard.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

SO only annex a country once every four years. Got it

Comment

Actually it's -1 BB per 4 years on all difficulty levels , except on Hard it is -1 BB per 8 years, and on Very Hard -1 BB per 6 years. Don't ask me what the logic of that is...
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

If you don't like waiting, and don't mind being manipulative, there are some tricks you can use to reduce badboy ratings you feel are unjustly inflated:

- lose CB provinces in a war, then take them back in a later war;

- surrender TPs and non-city colonies in a war, then take them back in a later war;

- surrender provinces to pagan powers in a war, then take them back in a later war (works best using CB provinces of that pagan power).

These approaches carry some risk and cost, of course. Also, the self-appointed guardians of morality would probably condemn such behavior (thereby making it infintely more attractive IMHO).

Comment

I had a slightly tarnished reputation for 20 years. I was at peace and my rep didn't improve.

It has improved before after conquering territories, but not as quickly as expected, is the system buggy, or is just me?

Comment

Each level has a range of four badboy points. It can take 4 improvements to cause a change in the description you see in-game. To see the number, you have to dig through the save file.

Use a text editor, search on 'badboy=' there is a value for every nation. Find yours. Change it if you like.

Comment

Thanx.

Makes more sense now.

Comment

Working...
                X