Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I modify Nation's and Province's name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I modify Nation's and Province's name?

How I can modify Nation and Province's name in EuI? I try to alter text.csv file but then I cannot save the same file ( because the .csv file aren't compatible with my Excel's version? ). I've tried to make a new scenary with EUGenerator but I couldn't modify Province's name ( I only altered Nation's name )...
    Help me. Thanks

I try to alter text.csv file but then I cannot save the same file ( because the .csv file aren't compatible with my Excel's version? ).

Use a text-editor instead of Excel.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

WordPad should do it. The .csv files are notorious for being missaved in Excel.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

The province names cannot be altered. They are "hand drawn" on the map. Remember that this isnt Civ - the map is not made of tiles etc.
        A test was done to see if it was feasable to alter the names thro the game program. On a top end machine (The lead programmers) to alter just 1 province name and re render the map took around 12 hours.
        EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

As UD mentioned - the names on the map are not editable. You can change the name of the countries (in text.csv) or cities (in the scenario files/savegames). You can also change the province name displayed everywhere else than on the map, but I would find different names a bit confusing
          --
          Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
          Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Originally posted by Havard
            As UD mentioned - the names on the map are not editable. You can change the name of the countries (in text.csv) or cities (in the scenario files/savegames). You can also change the province name displayed everywhere else than on the map, but I would find different names a bit confusing
            When I alter text.csv and I try to save it... cd don't play ( say that there is an error )! I think that text.csv cannot save with normal excel...
            mah!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiricrate
              When I alter text.csv and I try to save it... cd don't play ( say that there is an error )! I think that text.csv cannot save with normal excel...
              mah!
              That is correct. As has been mentioned Excel can damage the file. You should use a text editor like wordpad, TextPad or such.
              --
              Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...

Comment

mah!
                As Shadowstrike remarked - use Wordpad instead.
                EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck

As Shadowstrike remarked - use Wordpad instead.
                  But WordPad can tolerate *.csv? ( isn't *.doc? )
                  How do you save the file before altering ( in *.doc format? ).
                  Thank.
                  Excuse me, but I don't understand a lot of computer science ( informatica )...

Comment

But WordPad can tolerate *.csv? ( isn't *.doc? )
                    How do you save the file before altering ( in *.doc format? ).
                    Thank.
                    Excuse me, but I don't understand a lot of computer science ( informatica )...
                    Here's what you do:

1. Make a copy of the file you are editing.
                    2. Check so that the file is not read-only (right-click -> properties).
                    3. Start Wordpad, select File -> Open...
                    4. Select the file. You can now do the editing
                    5. Choose File -> Save, or the save icon on the toolbar (the one that looks like a floppy disk)
                    6. You get a dialog asking if you want to save in Text-Only format. Choose Yes

That should be it
                    --

Comment

Working...
                    X