Crashes to Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes to Desktop

Occasionally, I will get these strange crashes to desktop. Doesn't happen very often...

I usually have my own music playlists running in the background, do you think that is causing it?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

No, everyone has that. Most of the time when I load a game. Also sometimes when I surrender to go the main menu. It should be fixed in patch 1.05, so they say... My only advice is, develop the habit of saving véry regularly!
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Making sure that the game is set to autosave yearly is also a very good idea.

Comment

it is a regular problem for me too, shame really.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

That is why I actually quit playing the game, middle of a war that I'm winning, BAM! crash to desktop. If they correct this I'll be back.
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The yearly autosave is nice but I notice if you load a 1st Jan autosave then it doesn't trigger a new autosave the next time the year rolls over. There's noting more infuriating than getting a CtD, loading and having it happen again 22 months later only to find you have to resort to the same autosave again.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Heh, this just happened to me on game #2.

-FMK.

Comment

I have very few CTDs, so its not just the game. Try closing programs running in the background, having a computer with at least 128mb RAM, running at slower speeds (1min=1yr or less), being extra careful modifying game files, etc.
                A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Mine crashes every so often yet I have a 2Ghz processor and 1Gb RAM, and no modified files.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

My experience has been that you can sometimes tell when its gonna go. There will be obvious GUI glitches like buttons showing up out of context. Not always though. When I see stuff like that I save and restart from the save game, and it seems to fix it before it blows...
                    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

So you still play the game?

Comment

Hey Maniac, did you mean me? I haven't played since my previous issues, was just trying to help out. Sometime when I'm too braindead to work on Clash though I will try a small-country start and see if I like it better. I expect I will!
                        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Yup, I was talking to you. Btw, I think I may have found a solution for at least one of your problem: not being able to get most provinces even if you conquered the entire country. Do a EU2 forum search of 'Turbo-annexation'.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            The yearly autosave is nice but I notice if you load a 1st Jan autosave then it doesn't trigger a new autosave the next time the year rolls over. There's noting more infuriating than getting a CtD, loading and having it happen again 22 months later only to find you have to resort to the same autosave again.
                            This should be fixed in 1.05, due any day now
                            --
                            Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                            Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Thanks M@ni@c, I'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X