Game installation troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game installation troubles

I'm having a bit of a problem with Europa Universalis. I uninstalled it earlier, see. Now I want to reinstall it, but it won't go in! The setup gives options "Install" and "Cancel", but whenever I click Install, I get the question "Do you want to remove the application and all it's components?" If I click yes, then it appears to do something for a while and then stops, with message "Installshield has finished performing maintenance operations on Europa Universalis". Nothing's apparently changed, except I still can't install Europa Universalis. HJÄLPA MIG!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Reboot. Go see if it's still under Add/Remove programs. If it is, try uninstalling from there and reboot before installing again. If not, try using the game uninstaller (if there is one) and reboot before installing.

What OS are you using ?

edit sp
    What?

Comment

probably there some 'leftovers' in your registry from your
      last installation.

you need someone else to guide you through the proces though.
      a bit out off my league
      sorry!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

by "uninstall" do you mean "I deleted the files"? If you do a proper uninstall, this shouldn't happen.

Anyways, just look in the CD directory and there should be a setup file that will bring you straight to the installation. Otherwise, you'll probably have to clean up any registry files left over from the previous installation.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Check for the directory. If it is still there, delete it.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Richeliu: Done it, didn't work.
            Osweld: I'm pretty sure I uninstalled it, as opposed to deleting it. Going straight to setup.exe didn't work.
            UR: No directory, as far as I can find.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Time to hack the registry. Try look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software for the name of the game or the publisher.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Time to hack the registry. Try look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software for the name of the game or the publisher.
                I agree but
                1- back up your registry
                2- what is the OS ???
                What?

Comment

Time to hack the registry. Try look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software for the name of the game or the publisher
                  Which I would find at...?

OS is Win98.

Comment

There are 2 places that "bits" could be left.
                    Have a look at this:-

EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Btw, uglyduck, who are you on the EU forums?
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Thanks, uglyduck!

Comment

Originally posted by M@ni@c
                          Btw, uglyduck, who are you on the EU forums?
                          The same - Uglyduck
                          EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck

The same - Uglyduck
                            And with capital U - as fitting for an Admin
                            --
                            Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                            Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Working...
                            X