Favoured nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favoured nation

Try again.. concise form, (hate it when it loses all that text )

What nations do prefer playing as?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

In the first, I'd always play as England.

In the second, my favorite major so far has been France, and my favorite minor would probably be either Burgundy or Byzantium.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Favoured nation

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
      What nations do prefer playing as?
      I like nations that give you the flexibility to become either a one-province wonder or a globe-straddling giant. Generally, that means mid-sized nations like Portugal, Venice, or Burgundy, or minors with certain advantages like Trebizond or Brittany (or any French minor, really). Turkey can easily go either way, also.

Comment

I like countries that have fully developed event chains but I rotate who I play so that I don't become too stale, so after a colonial power I'll try and play a Eurocentric power, then perhaps a foreign one. If I had to pick a single nation, perhaps Muscovy would be my favourite. Lots of early warmongering with the option of going colonial later on once you reach uncharted siberian territory.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

I like to play:

Brandenburg/Prussia: Try to keep Prussia on life support until you can become Kingdom of Prussia. Then take Frederick the Great and conquer Europe.

England: Recreate the full historical British Empire. India, Egypt, Gibraltar, North America, Honduras, Surinam, etc etc

RUSSIA: After you kill the Horde, one of the easiest countries except of course it is stuck in Orthodox.

Austria: You don't have to do much, just wait for events.

Portugal: Colonize the world before anyone else is even turning around. (max naval, max narrowminded natch)

China: Ugh...Konfucian...buuuut you can quickly absorb your neighbours, choose the good outward looking path, colonize the Spice Islands, Hawaii.

BTW, what do you guys prefer, religious tolerance, or max narrowmindedness (so you can have all those Orthodox Arabs and Turks)

Stupidest countries: Kongo, 'Great' Zimbabwe--> these weren't even countries
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I tend to be somewhat narrowminded just to convert provinces. Stability is hard enough to maintain without having a whole gaggle of religions to pacify.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

My favourite nation is Persia. It's a revolter, so you have to play a hands off game and wait for it to emerge, but it has the Shi'ite religion, giving your troops a huge morale boost.

You can expand into Central Asia, India or the Middle East, and many, many wars with the Ottomans beckon.

It has a good mix of excellent and terrible provinces, and a centre of trade.

Downers: Only one state culture, only three core provinces (there's an event which gives you more, but it seldom happens) and diplomacy is practically non-existent.

Comment

I love playing as Russia and Turkey. Timurids is also kinda fun, in a masochistic way.
                A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
                X