Exchange EU I for EU II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange EU I for EU II

Can this be done, or will only £30 help?
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

What are you talking about? A trade-in?
    --
    Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
    Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

I doubt it...
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I doubted it too... but you never know maybe someone could bother to put out an incentive for EU I buyers

Is EU II really that much better?
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
          I doubted it too... but you never know maybe someone could bother to put out an incentive for EU I buyers

Is EU II really that much better?
          It is a sequel with substancial advancements over EU1, you simply don't propose that people ought to be able to get the sequal for free just because they bought the original.

Comment

Well, ozisoft seems to have a retail price of $80 for EU but only $70 for EU2. Exchange it with them and make a profit.

Of course $10 in Australian money isn't a whole lot at the moment

Comment

This is a wonderful question. It raises the obvious fact that EU2 is just the complete game as it was originally intended, and EU was pushed out early in order to generate some cash. There were seven patches before it even reached the US. I've always wondered why EU fans are so gullible. Don't you see that you've paid twice for the same game? The people over on the CivIII site would go nuts if Firaxis tried something so blatant. But the EU people think they are getting something special. Go figure.
              I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoch

It is a sequel with substancial advancements over EU1, you simply don't propose that people ought to be able to get the sequal for free just because they bought the original.
                A sequel?! Come on! It came out less than a year after the original. You actually think they just dreamed that up once they were done with the original? If so, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. The truth is that you bought two versions of the same game. The first trimmed down to get it out the door (bugs and all), and the second the complete game. I will say that the Paradox people are marketing GENIUSES!
                I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Do you realize that its release in the US was far after its release in Europe? The game developement time for EU2 was only slightly lower than average, not just some rush job. Most of the changes in EU2 were due to fan imput from the first game. If you took out the changes in graphics, I would say the Civ 2 was quite simular to Civ 1. In fact, it was close enough that it didn't hold my interest for long in my case. If you don't like sequals that are similar to the original, that is your choice, but you shouldn't try to claim that EU1 was not a complete game. If you want a game with more substancial differences from previous games made by Paradox, Hearts of Iron should fufill your wishes.

Comment

As I said, the Paradox people are marketing geniuses... BTW, I do realize EU was relaesed in Europe first. I followed it quite closely. I stand by my previous posts.

Comment

Working...
                    X