Bohemia becoming Protestant in 1419

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemia becoming Protestant in 1419

In every Grand Campaign game I have played, so far, Bohemia converts state religion to Protestant within the first six months. Darn sure that ain't right - mainly because the Protestant movement hasn't even begun by 1420!

Am I alone in this?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

It's supposed to do that. I forget the name of the religious movement it represents, but I'm sure uglyduck will have the answer.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Its meant to simulate the Hussite movement which sprang up in Bohemia at that time. It is not a bug but intentional. A new thread about this appears about every two weeks on the official boards.

Comment

As an event it would be nice to have been informed with a pop-up box.

I haven't read the manual fully, does it mention it in there?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Play a game as Bohemia.

It is the Hussite event...support, yes no?

Yes changes state religion to Protestant.
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

We figured that it'd be a waste of time to rename the Hussite regency to their "religion" since they basically just protested against Catholicism. It'd be a waste of time to rename the English Protestant church to Anglican as well.

Protestantism resembles very well the chaos in Bohemia.
            "If you are a young gangster on your first date, wouldn't it be awfully embarassing if someone tried to murder you?"
            - Jack Handey

Comment

It's even neater (if ahistorical) when Bohemia beats up on one of its neighbors and forces it to convert. Bohemia usually returns to Catholicism, but it's hapless victim is forced to sit out the next ~century as a diplomatic pariah. I've seen Brandenburg and Bavaria end up this way.

I also tried to get them to force convert me, as Venice, in one game, to see if I could take advantage of the pre-1.04 advantages Protestantism offered (you get the colonists, but not the cash, and your provinces can't be converted until the actual Reformation, so your government religion is always different).

Kinda fun playing as Bohemia, though.

Comment

As an event it would be nice to have been informed with a pop-up box.

Look through the in-game notification options. I have mine set to pop-up on foreign events or whatever.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X