X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravagon
    Blimey. Another one.

Already.

How on earth is Paradox churning these out so fast? Recycling what they've already got I suppose? Still, if it isn't broke don't fix it ...

Hope its not too ambitious though. In the WW2 genre there's a bit more competition than they've had in the previous 2 ...
    They've been working on HoI since August, or sometime thereabout.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Wow. I think I'll definitely have to give both these games a try...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstrike
        I agree. It should be 1096, which would actually have some referance to the Crusades. Of course with the EU engine the Crusades will be a mess (try getting the HRE to march a 50K army overland to the Holy Land).
        Only 20% of the engine has been used. The rest has been extensively rewritten
        EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Re: Extremely wishful thinking

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
          If an add-on to convert game data from the end of one game to the beginning scenario of the other, then it would be complete.

The goal of the game is to amass as much Prestige and Piety as possible for your dynasty.
          Saved games from Crusader Kings can be converted into the format of EU 2, so that a player can extend his game into the later centuries by exporting the file to his EU2 game.

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.
          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Wow. This sounds pretty damn good, too.

Comment

Wow, that was just a whimsical idea. If they can get it to work then that'd be brill.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus_Rex
                Both games look promising.

Both are based on the EU2 Engine which is kinda cool. Though for HoI only 20% of the engine still remains, it'll be totally revamped.
                It'll start after Hastings too. Dunno about Stamford Bridge though..
                "If you are a young gangster on your first date, wouldn't it be awfully embarassing if someone tried to murder you?"
                - Jack Handey

Comment

Hmm, this seems funny. I could have sworn when asked the EU forum polled more votes for an Ancient era game than a Crusade, Renaissance, Napoleonic or later period. Strange that they seem to be announcing games in reverse order. So much for players wishes influencing developers

Fortunately there seem to be other companies reviving the Roman strategy game market at the moment but I was hoping Paradox would do something a little more diverse that would allow anyone to try and rise to glory, not just the one nation. I have a great fondness for Mithradates VI of Pontus (131-63 BC) and would delight in leading him to glory (on the EU2 map Pontus existed approximately where Trebizond lies.)
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    Hmm, this seems funny. I could have sworn when asked the EU forum polled more votes for an Ancient era game than a Crusade, Renaissance, Napoleonic or later period. Strange that they seem to be announcing games in reverse order. So much for players wishes influencing developers

I think that's one of the reasons they hooked up with the developers of Legion.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus_Rex

It'll start after Hastings too. Dunno about Stamford Bridge though..
                      Battles of?

The battle of Stamford Bridge was before the Battle of Hastings. So if it is after the battle at Battle (near Hastings) it is also after the battle of Stamford Bridge.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Figures then, I'm not very into those Anglo battles.
                        "If you are a young gangster on your first date, wouldn't it be awfully embarassing if someone tried to murder you?"
                        - Jack Handey

Comment

HOI looks like a wishlist of a game for me I hope they can pull it off well
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                          X