• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will EU run on...

will EU (the first one) run on a:

Pentium 2 300mhz
    Win 98?

and does it need a video card capable of 1028x764 pixles and 16bit color (at same time)?
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Yeah, it'll work.

The game only runs at 800x600 screen res.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

sweet i can play it too then
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Just saw your post. If it's not too late, I'd advise caution. I've played the game on a couple of machines, including a 300. It's WAY too slow on that machine. IMHO, the minimum spec requirements are flawed.

I believe RAM is the most important consideration, I only have 64 meg on the 300. If you have 128+ or can upgrade to that, you might be able to do it on a 300. On a 400 with 128, I have no problems (a tad slower than EU1, but not so bad as to be frustrating). The 300 with 64 is worthless for EU2.

Comment

thx, maybe i will get it.......

i just dont want another game that looks so cool that muy pc wont run

Comment

damn dbl post and non working img tags

Comment

Re: Ram & EU2

Robroy is right, the big issue with EU2 is how much RAM you have on your system. The game recommends 128meg for a very good reason. Try to run it at 64meg, and you'll be a CTDing fool.

As far as operating system goes, Windows98 should be fine. Windows ME was a disaster when I had it, but after upgrading to XP, I have had absolutely no stability problems with the game.

BTW, you CAN run at different settings than 800X600, you have to choose them from your Windows however. I am running EU2 at 1260 right now.

My system, (for comparison's sake) is an Athlon 1gig, 30gig HD, 52x CD rom, with an InVidia card with 16meg on it.

If you have less than 128 meg, your video card better have at LEAST 8meg on it, or you will have stability problems.

When you have over 110 playable nations running independant scripts at the same time, Ram becomes important.
              2 Cor 3:18

Comment

Absolutely correct Shawng1- if you are talking about EU2.
                However, the original poster was asking about EU(The First One) and not EU2.
                EU (The first one) will only work at 800 x 600 and I have run it on a P200 with 64MB RAM quite happily.
                EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Hmmm... Was it wise to get EU 1 for a machine with P 225 and 32 MB of ram...

I've had it about a day and it runs fairly fast except for some lag in the options menus and when loading.

It has only crashed once.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The game tends to lag towards the middle and the end....
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

The game tends to lag towards the middle and the end....

Nah, it lags towards the beginning because of the sheer number of nations at the start. Matters improve a lot once most minors are massacred.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X