Comments on The Lands of Lorraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on The Lands of Lorraine

Just created this separate thread to keep the story's flow unbroken....

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

LOVE IT! The genius bordering on insanity perfectly suits how you'd have to play. I'm rooting for the underdog!!!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Nice work velo

You should copy this to the EU forums

www.Europa-Universalis.com thousands of EU'ers there

Comment

Whew....during my copying and pasting, I somehow managed to get some of the segments out of order....not sure how I did that, but it's all fixed now. There's still a bit more AAR to be copied and pasted over, but I gotta take a break from it for a while....I AM glad you are enjoying it so far tho! Was mentally keeping my fingers crossed that it would be a worthy addition here!

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Argh! My apologies Vel. I only noticed this thread after I posted after Shadowstrike, and I thought you could delete posts within 5 minutes after a post but I guess you can't. Oh well.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Very impressive. Given how long it took me to read through I can only imagine how much effort went into writing it.

Comment

Thanks guys! And, that's okay....I'll maybe see if our Moderators can do some cleanup work for us....

Part of the challenge of writing a story about a game like this is exactly as was mentioned....I mean, the game does a fantastic job handling the vast sweep of history, but of course, it's left to the player to fill in the blanks where individuals are concerned. As was pointed out, a perfect example was Scotland's declaration against the Papal States(?!). When I first saw that, I kinna did a double take, you know? Where did THAT come from?!

But then I got thinking about it in terms of the individuals involved, rather than the nations themselves...and that got me thinking about the whole conspiracy thing. This was really strengthened later, when Savoy played the role of the turncoat....really added a bizzare twist to the game, and was too good an opportunity, from a story-teller's perspective, to pass on!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Velo, it is awesome. This definately is 5 star work. I got to know the charectors, like some well told novel. And felt for them during the great battle!!!!!

Looking forward to future entrys

Thanks

Comment

Well done, Vel - you've done a great job showing the interesting bits of EU behind all the awkward surface.

Enough so that I'm planning to reinstall EU over the weekend and give it another chance. Up 'til now, it's been an expensive bookend!

I get the impression the IGC scenario is the key to a good game - is this your experience? I tried the Fantasia one before, but that seemed much more open-ended.

Comment

I'm playing my first IGC after deleting the game several months ago. I'm finding it spell-binding. Give it another go.
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                    X