EU2 announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU2 announced!

In case anyone didn't know, Europa Universalis 2 has been announced.

It'll have some updated everything. Check out the official site for early details.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Release date is set for this winter, with a full scenario editor for all you mod people out there

Comment

Ooooh, this game looks utterly amazing! This time, I bet (with money) they'll make the game a bit more user friendly! Rock on!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Seems good, maybe I'll buy it this time...

I thought they'd situate the game in another era though, wasn't there a poll about that at the EU boards? Would have been terrific for me if they'd have situated it in the imperialism era.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Paradox is in no way done using the EU game engine. They'll get around to it eventually.
          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I don't know, the imperialism engine was great too but they quit after 2 games. Looking at the EU2 boards, it seems that Rome is more popular anyway although I'm not sure whether that would be workable.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yahoo! Well, guess Civ3 will have some competition....
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

It appears so... when were they going to release moo3 again?

Comment

where do they get the resources???

I thought they were a small company.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Is it going to be a new improved game, or the same game with a few extras, a few tweeks and the bugs fixed?

It is coming out too quickly for me to have much confidence.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They also need to include the colonys revolting....

1 in 5 of my GC and IGC games the colonys revolt. This is simply not good enough.

But nonetheless, I do enjoy playing Russia/Sweden.

Hopefully EU2 will have an Explanatory manual...

Another thing I hope for is better graphics, less abstract combat, lowering of attrition, Re-Vamping the peace-maker, DONT MESS WITH AI.

EU is the FIRST game I have ever played, in which the AI has the ability to utterly destroy. Just as you have the ability to destroy them. 2/3 of my wars are successful, the other 1/3 are not .
                      You simply dont know how much your biting off until enemy forces have begun besieging your provinces. The AI is very rational and a capable opponent. I dont even bother going MP to play. The AI is hard enough

Hats off to the guys at paradox and Strategy first for this awesome game. Sure it didnt have a cool box, or great graphics. But It was a damn good game!

Comment

They should make it possible to conquer the Big Capitals 'out of the box' (without a patch) under certain circumstances, example you've occupied it for X years or something
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

There is a patch that allows you to occupy all nations ......

It is the IGC configuration tool. It lets you pick the nation you want to play (without hacking through files altering them). Only pick one nation and the other 7 are left blank, for some reason this fix's the'cant annex' problem

Comment

What do these omnipresent acronyms GC and IGC mean anyway?

Comment

GC is Grand Campaign and IGC is Improved Grand Campaign.

Only pick one nation and the other 7 are left blank, for some reason this fix's the'cant annex' problem

Before the IGC, you could manually alter game files to make one of the big 7 a non major (thus allowing annexation). The IGC config tool takes care of that. Easily one of the best player mods for any game.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                              X