Dutch Nationalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Nationalism

Ok, so how long does this last? I am playing France in the GC and Flanders is a meat grinder. It revolts multiple times a year and I know this is a special event, but it has been going on for like 15 years (it's 1572) and I don't want to put up with this for 200 more years
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

It goes away once the Edict of Tolerance is issued. Just hold onto the lower Dutch provinces and let the northern ones go. You'll either not have the Netherlands form, or a smaller one that you could easily reconquer. Though I think if you keep hold of the lower ones (Flanders and the one's moving to the right of it) you should be fine.

Just saw you were playing as France. The above holds for when playing as Spain. As France, just keep very large armies in the province at all times. It'll stop at the Edict of Tolerance.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

:grr: Rebellious Dutch

How many edicts are in the game?
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

There's only one edict like that, the rest are more events (they're all events, but, eh)

Religious wise, there's Luther, Calvin, the Counter Reformation, then the Edict of Tolernace.
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

There's also the Treaty of Tordessilas.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Excuse me for this absolutely irrelevant nit-picking, but Flemish aren't Dutch.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Excuse me for this absolutely irrelevant nit-picking, but Flemish aren't Dutch.

Bah, we are all East Africans.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Let all of the "Dutch" provinces rebel but Holland. When the Dutch declare independence, conquer them completely and leave them with their capitol province. And when the Edict of Tolerance comes around, finish them off (if you can get a hold of all of their colonies, of course).
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Actually that is a good strategy Ramo. But I usaully play England or Russia. When Im England, I want the dutch to live.

Btw, Dutch isnt so bad, Isolated and besieged . They will eventaully crack and be annexed.If you are Burgundy tho, you will be crushed probably. But if your france its ok.And if your Spain, Holland isnt aint worth retaking ..

Comment

Thanks for the information.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                    X