How do I play as a minor nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I play as a minor nation?

Ive been hearing about people playing as saxony, china, and other minor nations. What do i have to do to play one? Is it tweaking some file(ala civ2) or what? thanks

nevermind!

Comment

Uh, can someone please answer this question, I was wondering the same thing...

Comment

Easy..

First go here, for the abbreviations for all the nations in the game:
        http://uk.geocities.com/jw_mcguinn/page1.html

Then you go to to C:/Program Files/Europa Universalis/Scenarios

Say we want to play as Venice in the Grand Campaign (and take out Portugal as a Major).

You go to 'The Grand Campaign.eug'. Open the file with Wordpad. Now you'll see something like:

quote:

FRA = {
        desc = "FRA_GC_HISTDESC"
        scenariotactics ="FRA_GC_HISTDESC"
        countrytactics = "FRA_GC_VPTACTIC"
        picture = "scenarios\data\FRA1520.bmp"
        missioncountry = "FRA_GC_MISSDESC"
        missiontactics = "FRA_GC_MISSTACT"
        countrydifficulty = 7
        countryeconomy = 6
        countrymilitary = 7
        countrydiplomacy = 6
        missiontype = 1
        numcities = 26
        numcolonies = 0
        numtradingposts = 0
        numgold = 500

for each nation (this one is for France).

Go down to Portugal (POR), and replace the POR in the file with VEN (for Venice).

Then rename the file as 'Venice GC.eug'. Go into the game and in Scenarios you'll find your eug, where you can click and play as Venice.

This can be done for any nation in the game. Just rememeber, Pagan nations have VERY, VERY slow tech progression (which makes then hard as Hell to play with).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Great! I assume this is in the scenario eug and not the year eug?

Now if someone could just tell me how to completely deactivate "player status" for a country. When I play as Spain I think it ought to be possible to vassilize Portugal, or to conquer -anyone- when I play as -anyone- for that matter.
          Olaf the White
          Rex Dublin

Comment

Take everyone out of the .eug except yourself, than anyone but you can be annexed and vassalized.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui on 03-24-2001 08:58 PM
              Take everyone out of the .eug except yourself, than anyone but you can be annexed and vassalized.

Thanks! I assume I simply delete the whole entry in the section where player countries are listed? If so I could make a one player GC for anyone I wanted to play yes?
              Olaf the White
              Rex Dublin

Comment

Ah, yes, thank you. Much like civ's text files you can edit, yes?

Probbka

Comment

Never mind
                  [This message has been edited by Probbka (edited March 25, 2001).]

Comment

Yes and Yes...

Have fun . The minors are the best part of the game .

Comment

Are these the only minors you can play? (on that website)

Or do all the provinces have an abreviation that you can use to set them up as minor nation?
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

One minor problem... When I go to save the file, i can't save it as an .eug, it only gives me the option of a text file. What do I do?

Comment

Save it as a text file, then manually rename it in DOS mode.
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

The easiest way to do this is to download the latest Improved Grand Campaign (get it at the official site), it now does the updating automatically nd has a program with a nice GUI that allows you to choose any nation as playable.

Quite good and easy.
                            "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Yes, the IGC is probably the easiest way to play a minor country. I believe the leader files are also better for some of the minors.

Comment

Working...
                              X