What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next?

Now that I have a "popular" copy of EU, how do I proceed? I like to try the game first before I put down my money, so I don't have a manual.

Any help is appreciated.
    [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited April 12, 2001).]
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Umm, okay....

This game is really one where a manual is vital, but the manual that comes with it is more focused on historical narative than solid gameplay detail. Look at the FAQ's available from the main EU website and read the boards for advice. Then buy the game!! I would be amazed if any player who likes Civ won't appreciate this game once they have got used to it. The first few hours of acclimatisation are the hardest bits. With the time set to slow and all the message settings switched to pause the game its unhurried pace makes it tantamount to turn based so the whole RTS issue is a non-event. Worth $40 of any Apolytoner's money.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Definitely will buy it if I like it. Got burned by CtP and Starfleet Battles. After that, I usually don't buy games until I have tried a demo - unfortunately EU doesn't have one.

Thanks for the pointers.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
      X