Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy-gaming review: a great resource for newbies

http://strategy-gaming.com/reviews/e...is/index.shtml

I thought I would start a separate thread because the review is essentially a terrific summary of the way the game works. It taught me quite a bit of stuff which I didn't understand. I heartily recommend any newbie to read this carefully before playing since the manual itself can be quite confusing.

Cool, I'll check it out as soon as I start playing.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I checked out the review. Man! I am seriously considering buying this game. It seems to have lots of things that I have been looking for in an empire building game.

------------------
      No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Buy the game. Trust me, there's nothing more satisfying than b*tch slapping the French into giving up some provinces.

edit: stupid censoring...
        [This message has been edited by Kyle (edited March 21, 2001).]
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
        X