Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Scum

those damn rebels!

I played only one game (still playing it, third attempt) with Russia in Grand Campaign. This time it is going very well.

Now, Russia dont have many friendly countries in my game. I dont bother much with diplomacy because I can never get enough diplomats, 2 per year is not enough (can this be increased, like number of colonists can?)

Now, due to my lack of negotiation and other factors (badboy value? I cant find where it is written, but it must be skyhigh ), when I am in war, it is the Russia vs. the rest of the world.

I can manage the world. I locked out naval tech and I have good troops, high morale and superior strategies. But when war prolonges (exaustion), Rebels become a big problem. I usually let them freeze to death, or at least to more manageable numbers, and then finnish them off. I have a question: how it is decided do rebels start in a fort or besiege it first? Is it by chance (I guess it is)?. So what are the odds? 50:50?
    This is really annoying, I build better forts so they besiege them longer - and they start in them, forcing me to lose huge amount of resources to beat them.

It is at random I believe. They start in the forts if the whole province decides to rebel. They start outside the fort, if it is a peasant revolt.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do a search in your save file for "badboy." You should find a value for all powers.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Yeah, those rebels can be a pain when they take the fort. I had to retake Wessex and Kent, by besieging Maximum fortresses Not fun.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Also in whole province revolts I've had armies there defect, namely a 250 army with over 500 cannons. Stupid spain and england and stupid english allies stupid protestants had all my guys caught up so those guys terrorized, I had to give up loraine, russoline, flanders, calis among others to get peace, then spent the next 5 years fighting damn rebels.

Comment

Thanks for answers. Sadly, I dont play the game anymore because lack of time. But I will get back to it

Comment

I only build up the fort in my capitol, let the army defend the other places. This way, I can easily retake a province that someone captures.

There are a very few exceptions.

Comment

The advantages of forts in small provinces are great. If a rebel army forms outside the walls then unless they have sufficient strength to lay siege (5,000 men for a level 2 fort) they immediately disperse. For this reason Ireland is much more peaceful in EU than would be historically accurate. The same effect helps eliminate small armies of enemy stragglers breaking into your country because they cannot enter provinces they cannot besiege.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                X