Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone bother with dynamic missions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone bother with dynamic missions?

Aren't they just a pain in the arse, and generally completely impractical? Doesn't my Monarch realise that trying to occupy Flanders as England in 1500 will result in half of Europe kicking seven levels of sh*t out of us?

yada

Yeah, dyanamic missions suck. I don't think anyone really plays with them (unless you've done everything and need a REAL big challenge ). I think they are mainly there to keep your VPs down .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

wait... I never get assigned any missions as long as I have at least one ongoing at any time. I just take the keep whatever, for the free VP, and the safety of not having to take others in the meantime.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Indeed, I turned them off for my current game. With stuff like "Build a Shipyard in Milan" when I didn't even own it was pretty damn stupid.

"Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Actually I like some of the early ones. For example, for Russia in the GC, hold onto Moscow for 20 vps, capture and hold Kazan for 30? vps, arrange a royal marriage for 10 vps, etc. Those are all do-able and get good VPs while your armies are getting clobbered.

Comment

My favourite was being told to kick the Portuguese out of North Africa, when I was playing China

There's the small matter of finding it first
            yada

Comment

I have found them pretty easy (although I am only playing at normal difficulty level) things like keep calis or vassalise hannover have gotten me many VPs, I look at them as an oppotunity rather than a pain.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
              X