What is the point of the Hearts of Iron Anthology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of the Hearts of Iron Anthology

Doesn't "Armageddon" include HoI II and HoI II Doomsday?

So buying Armageddon also gets you all the crap from HoI II and Doomsday?

But why bundle all the games together then? What?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

To my knowledge Armageddon is an add-on to Doomsday and does not include it. HoI 2 and HoI 2 DD both are standalone games. You don't need plain HoI 2 to play DD.

To be honest, Armageddon isn't worth its money. The theoretical scenarios are rubbish and the improvement of ships not worth the IC invested. The building of divisions with brigades attached is nice for lazy-asses, a dedicated player who doesn't mind some micromanagement can easily do without, however.

Armageddon is good just for one reason - most of the better mods now base on it; you couldn't load them without the add-on. If you're not into playing the latest mods, HoI2DD is all you need.

Comment

HoI2 is the basic whole game.
      Doomsday is a standalone XP, so you get both HoI2 and the new material in it.
      Armageddon is a booster-pack(pretty much a small XP with less added and less cost) that need Doomsday to play.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The Medal! Tell about the Medal!
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yeah. Uh, you get a medal on your forum profile under your name over at Paradox's forums. Very nice. Gives access to some extra forums, like support and such. Actually a good way to counter piracy.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            Armageddon is good just for one reason - most of the better mods now base on it; you couldn't load them without the add-on. If you're not into playing the latest mods, HoI2DD is all you need.
            One really good thing about Armageddon is the "no expeditionary forces" option which keeps your allies from flooding you with troops you don't need (and who kill your supplies etc.). Works good since DDA 1.1., was buggy in 1.0.

There exist some solutions to make this possible pre-DDA but they involve editing files back and forth, so this feature is really nice. Naval attachments/brigades are another neat addition, otoh they unfortunately introduced some new bugs as well. Air power takes more losses now which is good since it was much to easy pre-DDA to bomb everything to dust and wipe out entire armies on the march. So overall, despite several problems, I think Armageddon is worth those five bucks (if you dl it separately, with the anthology of course it's more).
            Blah

Comment

Well I hate it when my allies flood me with troops especially when I have assumed military control over them so I can move their troops anyway. What else sucks is that there can be no convoys into allied ports, which eliminates fundamental strategic options. Was this changed in Armageddon?

Comment

Now finally I have a new computer! Hail consumer holiday! I will be buying armageddon.
                Jools Weevil Jr.
                what have you been drinking again jools?-MarkG
                Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

Working...
                X