Europa Universalis: Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis: Rome

Leading grand strategy publisher Paradox Interactive announced today their next title in development. Their critically acclaimed development team, behind successful franchises like Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron, is currently busy working on Europa Universalis: Rome.

An ancient era game!
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Just seen it. Cool!
    Blah

Comment

Im pretty skeptical that they can keep this historical and keep anachronistic stuff out
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

It looks like Rome:TW except for the Battles

I am sceptical myself.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It'll be nothing like R:TW. The game will take elements from EU(not clear exactly what yet), Vicky(POPs or something along the line, different classes like slaves have been mentioned) and CK(dynasty/family, intrigue and so on).
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

dont know about the game, but the forum for it is already busy

"Sweden wont be over powered this time"
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The Map looks exactly like RTW regarding Borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                The Map looks exactly like RTW regarding Borders.
                Well, I guess that a lot of the borders are historical, so it makes sense they're the same.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Even the coastlines are similar!
                  Blah

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Regarding historical Borders:

Well many European "Countries" did not exist but as Tribes. So every "Border" which was nonexistal at that Time has a certain Feel of Arbitrariness has it not?

Comment

Yup, but it is probably to difficult to simulate the fluent "spheres of influence" (dunno about a better term) of each tribe, so they just went with fixed borders (I assume, maybe they found a way in the game that deals better with the prob, we'll see)
                        Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X