Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victoria - Revolutions - anyone here played it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria - Revolutions - anyone here played it?

Im probably not going to buy it right now, but im curious if anyone here has, and what theyve thought
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

It's made an allright game very good. That sums it up.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I own it and tried to play it a few times but then oblivion came out followed by HOI2 Doomsday so it got dropped in favor of the other games. Currently I'm playing EU2 (a last hurrah before EU3 comes out) and NWN2.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        It's made an allright game very good. That sums it up.
        Convince me. Did it finally get Italians migrate westwards? Did it stop the obscure Argentine province of La Rioja turn into a boom-area in every single game? With 1.04 Columbia is constantly getting more immigrants than the US (in absolute terms), did that change? And what about the horrendously clunky manpower system in which you're constantly juggling with two sliders that are partly affecting the same thing? Nothing I've read suggested improvements in these areas.

I suppose splitting pops is helpful to manage migration flows though, but that sounds like a micromanagement.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The game remains heavy on micromanagement.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
          X