HOI 1 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOI 1 help

I've just purchased the platinum version of this, I downloaded the latest patch and installed it, or at least I think i did.

Is there anyway to conform that I did this.

I'm completley new to paradox games and am finding it good fun however I'm just not sure its palying right.

I'm the UK and its early 1939 and nothing has happened other than the sanish civil war, in which my expeditionary force got wiped out in 1 day by franco.

Shouldn't the Munich crisis have happened. Austria is still independant.

Also how do I transport planes from canada they seem to be producing loads of stuff for me and I have been granted control of their forces but I can't get the buggers on the ships.

Any views. Cheers
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Just have the planes fly from Canada?

Comment

Sometimes Austria stays independant and is later annexed by Germany through demanding territory (or not). The Munich crisis can be avoided by Germany. It seems you're facing a very peaceful Hitler. Start over and you shall have the odds against such a scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Just have the planes fly from Canada?
        but its too far
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Stinger, if you can't get them on Carriers, wait until the US joins your alliance. Then you can fly them via Greenland and Iceland, which should have been occupied by the US during the German attack on Denmark.

If, of course, Germany never turned aggressive, you're not gonna need those planes.

Could you attach a savegame?

Comment

Played a bit more last night, I sent a carrier to the Canadians as an exped force and brought the planes that way. The germans have now anexxed both Poland and czechoslovakia. In the meantime the Royal navy and their french allies seem to have obliterated the Kreigsmarine. So mow I'm just waiting for the Germans to invade the west. The best tank I have is a 40mm Cromwell so I'm not too hopeful

Comment

What date is now?

Playing England is very ungrateful, you can't do much and have to watch them invade the USSR.

The thing is, contrary to history, Germany usually beats the USSR in this game. Therefore, try and put up a proper fight in France once they come for you.

Comment

Its September 1939

I was thinking of trying to invade Germany on their baltic coast and go striaght for Berlin.

I have haevily reinforced Singapore as I am worried abput the Japs, also rather surprisingly Italy look to have troops everywhere although they haven't started fighting yet.

Comment

Don't build fortresses, put all your industry in Inf with Art and Tactical Bombers, it's all you need really.

I've never played Britain before. I've beaten the game as all big nations, Germany, USSR, Nationalist China, Japan, USA... Never managed to get anything done as Poland France or the UK... you just lack the industrial basis to get anything done and your allies are stupid (USA? ha!).

Going for Berlin won't help anything, they'll throw you back int othe baltic... if you can't manage to hold out on the continent, concentrate on defeating the Italians in Africa and the Japs in E Asia, and slowly but steadily build a force to invade Germany.

What often works is: attack Germany via the Caucasus by allying with or annexing Iran. Then via the Crimea enter the Balkans and annex those pesky satellites (they have few strategic provinces). With the German forces spread all over the Eastern frontthey won't put up too fierce resistance before you annexed all but Germany and Italy. Then when you have a front to the South East of Germany (be sure to hold that corridor between the Caucasus and the Balkans), invade in NW France, you won't need too many divisions for this now.

You can also invade Italy from the mediterranean, but remember you need at least 12 divisions for an Italian front.

The Soviets will never really manage to fight the Germans back west, no matter how much you help them with Tech. but if you manage to do this Balkans - Italy - Normandy thing, you might have a good chance of conquering most of continental Europe.

Remember all you need is Inf (later: Mech) with Art and tactical bombers.

This is what I usually do as the US, of course you'll have less divisions to spread playing as the UK.

Comment

Thanks for the advice,

My strategy other than my suggested baltic invasion of Germany, was to use Canadian troops to hold France or in the event of that failing the Uk. To use Aussies and NZ to hold the far east especially singapore and use UK troops for a second front, I thought possibly through the balkans, althooght the Caucuses looks a good idea.

Any ideas what happens if I follow the historical strtegy and try and bomb germany with heavy bombers and take on Italy in Africa until the Yanks arrive.

Comment

The historical way has 3 flaws in this game:

1. The Soviets always fail badly.

2. Strategic bombing is possible, but tedious. Also, you'll have a hard time gaining air superiority over the Germans.

3. The yanks do next to zilch in this game. Forget about an American D-Day unless you're the one playing them.

You can

Comment

Working...
                      X