Just bought Crusader Kings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still play the game.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, sure
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Huh?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

You're such a blatant spammer
          Middle East!

Comment

Is it spam to answer a question now? Or didn't you read the thread before you posted your spam perhaps?

Comment

Lend me your CK cd, please
              Middle East!

Comment

Buy one yourself.

And good night.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                  I'm still 'giving it a break' - the thought of the hard work it will be to maintain my huge empire once the mongols arrive is kind of keeping me away
                  I haven't played this one in a while, but I had lots of trouble with the Mongols in my last 1337 game. I played England and didn't get involved much in the East because half of my army always seemed to vanish by attrition by the time it got anywhere useful. However, the other powers didn't keep the Mongols in check. The Arabs kept Egypt, Palestine and Asia Minor. Hungary managed to stay at peace with the Mongols. Byzantium survived, but Lithuania, Poland, Germany, France and even parts of Spain were overrun by the end of the game.

I will not try again any time soon (too much work and too many other good games around), but I'm keen to learn how to deal with the Mongols and a proper discussion might prompt El Cid to resume his game and give us a case study.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                    So let your empire fall apart. It's more interesting that way.

Then convert it to EU2 and play a game with mongol europe.
                    hmm...yes i'd never thought of that

Is it easy to convert between CK and EU2 - i know its supposidly possible but has anyone done it? Actualy if this works ok its probably a great reason to get CK - even if you might not like it as much as EU2?

I still play the game.
                    Good I'm in the middle of a project just now but this affirmation that people still play it has given me new strength to face up to the coming mongol horde!.........

I haven't played this one in a while, but I had lots of trouble with the Mongols in my last 1337 game. I played England and didn't get involved much in the East because half of my army always seemed to vanish by attrition by the time it got anywhere useful. However, the other powers didn't keep the Mongols in check. The Arabs kept Egypt, Palestine and Asia Minor. Hungary managed to stay at peace with the Mongols. Byzantium survived, but Lithuania, Poland, Germany, France and even parts of Spain were overrun by the end of the game.

I will not try again any time soon (too much work and too many other good games around), but I'm keen to learn how to deal with the Mongols and a proper discussion might prompt El Cid to resume his game and give us a case study.
                    Yes in my game currently its pretty much me(England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales/France/bit of spain) vs the arab empire.

Not sure what date that was,but i knew the mongols would be arriving soon.

I think what i'm worried about is that due to the beating the arab states must have taken, they destroyed Byzantium and even fractured the holy roman empire(sorry erm what are they called now? - the german kingdoms anyway) and swamped Asia Minor. Well i cant see how they could have been investing much into many areas of development that would make them stronger.

I fear the mongols will come and very quickly eat up all the fractured arab states(there are two big Arab empires i'm pinning my hopes on) and be knocking on my door sooner than i'd like.

Also due the weird way my tech has been advancing(like i dont seem to control it - nikolai knows about this as i mentioned it to him), i'm not confident my armies will have the correct abilities to see of the hordes.

Anyway when i fire this up again - i'll be sure to post any insights to this very important stage of the game.

Other than the dread factor - i pretty much like the game, its kinda more accesable than EU2(read simpler to understand) and i enjoy the family-tree aspect very much

Comment

The conversion to EU2 is far from flawless, but we do have some aars going about on PIF that involves converted games. The recommended tool to use is a user made conversion tool which is said to do the conversion better. You can find it on CK's official forums.

Comment

Somebody help me and answer my question in the second thread... what's this efficiency and how can I change it?
                        Middle East!

Comment

You've already got your answer.

Comment

yeah, I know.
                            Middle East!

Comment

I'll have to take another look at this game. It will have to wait until I finish my last EU2 game before EU3 is released next month though. I've posted an AAR if anyone is interested.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X