No announcement yet.

CK Release Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the last beta version. Iberia is still a mess, with whoever starts a war usually seeing a cascade of DOWs along religious lines. There is still an issue of 3 way fights resulting in massive armies losing instantly because some scrap of an army that has nothing to do with them loses as they arrive.

I finally gave up when I managed some successful conquests without the whole place going into meltdown(at last!) Somehow CK took this as a sign to fill my court with moslems, then noticed my court was too large for the new rules and proceeded to eliminate all my christians to make room for all the moslem families. Since the pope will excommunicate me if I pick a moslem for any position of responsibility and I had no way of kicking out these unwanted courtiers and their kids I decided it was time to wait for 1.06
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

I want a scenario editor for CK!

Especially for changing geographical names. When I edit that one file, the game won't start anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Oh? My current laptop is slightly worse than the stationary I used to use, but it plays just as good as even in my experience.

You have 512 Meg, right? our new laptop has 256 meg. Im thinking CK isnt worth it till we add memory.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yeah RAM is the single most important component for any Paradox game.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Is that RAM amount or BUS speed? I have 1024 Megs of RAM, but I get into serious trouble in the late game at the occasion of big wars with many great powers in them. It slows down the game. This is especially bad in HOI2. With most people at about 512 M, I'd think the RAM's BUS speed is also a strong factor. Mine is quite slow in this regard (266, if at all?)...

Comment

I honesty don't know, sorry. I have no problem with my 512 MB though, so you might be into something.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

At HOI2? It goes slowly from the beginning, let alone late game.

Comment

It's a while since I played HoI2 now, but I don't think I have too much slowdowns with that one either. But seeing this is a CK thread, I was thinking of that game in specific and the rest of Paradox's games in general.

Comment

And I Was thinking of Paradox games in general. CK and all the other games are alright on my machine

Comment

I trust 256 meg will be ok for Vickie?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yeah, that should suffice I think.

Comment

Vicky is quite undemanding actually. In contrast to HoI2

Comment

Digged out CK some days ago, and installed UK 1.05.

There are many improvements I like, but I still have enourmous problems with the game, some gameplay, but mainly speed problems (started 1066, and now after 1200 it's next to unplayable on my machine, which has 1GHz/768MB RAM)

Stability has improved as well, but I still have CTDs sometimes. I had sooo high hopes for CK, but overall I'm rather disappointed

Therefore EU2 I still love most from Paradox, hope EU3 can meet the expectations
                            Blah

Comment

CK is just too complicating. That fief and inheriting model is far from perfect too. If you inherit some county that is fief of another realm, you should become that guys vassal, in your position as a count. Not extract that county from his empire.

Comment

Working...
                              X